Parenting is not an easy job. Therefore, having a strong support system from other parents is crucial. Having other people to turn to for direction and advice is always beneficial. Not to mention, there are lots of babysitters nearby. However, keeping these connections isn’t always simple. Reddit user u/emu party7894 has personal experience with how some other parents may actually be more of a burden than a help. The Redditor asked the community on the AITA (Am I The A**Hole?) subreddit if she was mistaken for excluding a negligent parent from her circle. The woman explained that she had always invited James to her son’s previous parties and had recently hosted a birthday celebration for her 10-year-old son.
Parenting is not an easy job. Therefore, having a strong support system of other parents is crucial. James was completely well-behaved, but his mother was another matter. The OP recalled that the invites for James’ attendance at her son’s last birthday made it clear that all children had to be picked up by 11 a.m. the following day. The following day, all save James had been picked up by the appointed hour. Our OP initially thought his mother was only a bit late, so she wasn’t very worried. As they had plans to visit family, the Redditor texted James’ mother at 11:30 to remind her that she needed to pick up her son. James’ mom responded by saying she was on her way.
Poor James was still waiting to be picked up at 12:30, though. Our OP then got in touch with James’ mother one more. The mom stated she was going to pick up her son “as soon as possible” after going out to lunch. The OP repeatedly threatened to contact the police at 4 p.m. if the lady didn’t pick up her child over the entire afternoon Unexpectedly, the woman showed up to take James up. But by that time, the harm had already been done. Because of his mother’s actions, the Redditor decided that she would no longer invite James to her son’s birthday celebrations. When James’ mother learned that her son was no longer being invited to his friends’ gatherings, she was not pleased.
The mother inquired as to the reason her son was not included. So, our OP told her the truth, stating that it was due to her careless actions that her son was not included on the guest list. Because Jame’s mother was upset, she blocked our OP from all social media. The Redditor questioned whether telling the truth was the right thing to do. Additionally, as usual, a lot was said. Read it all as follows.
1. The Redditor enquired as to whether it was wrong for her to exclude a negligent parent from her circle.
2. OP’s son’s 10th birthday had to be a blast and they prepared it accordingly
3. A friend of the son was also invited to the party as he was well behaved and had been around lately
4. James always used to be picked up late so this time he was specifically instructed
5. More than one hour later James’s mother was called and she said she’s on the way
6. After an hour she did not come
7. More time was passing and the parents were not coming to pick up
8. Here things got a little more serious
9. When being threatened by the police, the mother came to pick up her son
10. James’ mother now was sad over him being not invited
11. OP thought that she should tell the truth
12. Now OP asks AITA after the explanation to the mom
13. Some more details by the other are as follows
Now that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors had to say on this. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
16. I feel the same
Share your opinion on this story.