Want to have some tingly sensations?
There is always something about creepy and odd images that attract viewers, and people are unable to ignore or look away from these images once they have seen them. Despite the fact that these images are horrific, for many people, they are the source of their insomnia, these images are being shared all around the internet and have got some highest followings. The Reddit known as ‘Oddly Terrifying‘ has some of the creepiest pictures you’d have ever seen.
Also, there’s always something about ancient abandoned sites that makes you realize that something is wrong with them and that’s why they’re so worrisome and disturbing to behold. We have to embrace the reality that we are living in a universe where many creepy creatures are also part of us. And we can sense it.
Check out these 50 eerie and spooky images that will surely send chills down your spine!
1. Meanwhile, there’s plenty of corn to eat.
A Regents Professor of Science Fiction Studies at Georgia Tech, Lisa Yaszek stated what fascinates her about the disturbing photographs and films. She revealed fascinating insights regarding how they captivate our minds. Also, Yaszek explores and teaches science fiction as a global language that spans centuries, countries, and cultures.
2. Imagine someone touching your feet while you’re watching this movie.
3. Many folks will discover they need to see an optician. Because this is not a normal sight.
4. It’s scary what war can do to you.
Lisa once stated: “It’s hard for us to look away from unsettling photos and videos because they challenge our usual ways of perceiving and cataloging the world, disrupting our sense of ordered reality and even suggesting that reality might be something other than we thought it was,”
She explained that “these photos and videos tend to revolve around grotesque juxtapositions of things that should not be together; they are objects that defy science and rationality and disturb our sense of scientific category. More often than not, they focus on disgusting bodies that are monstrous fusions of things that should be kept apart.”
The professor said that even though these monstrous bodies are usually just one person, they often point to a universe that is out of whack as well.
5. This picture is disturbing.
6. This Biblically Accurate Angel is beautiful and surreal!
7. This beehive statue looks like Xenomorph.
According to the professor, there are numerous online groups where these strangely disturbing images are being shared. “Photos and videos are supposed to give us clear and accurate representations of reality; they assure us that we document and thus know the material world around us in methodical and consistent ways.”
Lisa says that unsettling pictures can have the opposite effect. She says: “They can undermine our faith in reality: either the camera does not lie and it has captured some monstrous rip in our own reality, or it does lie, and we have to recognize that we cannot even trust our own technologies to accurately document the world around us! Either way, it’s disturbing.”
8. Looks like Mahatma Gandhi is fed up with his people.
9. A Lemon-Pac-Man!
10. Maybe, it’s a horror game player visiting this abandoned hospital.
Why would someone look at these disturbing and strange images? According to Lisa, “Grotesque imagery is part of every culture and goes back to the dawn of civilization. Today, we actively seek out terrifying experiences by looking at grotesque photos, watching horror movies, and even going on roller coasters,”
Lisa said, “as humans, we seek out these terrifying artistic and cultural experiences for at least two different reasons.”
She also explained that: “First, as designed experiences, terrifying art and culture give us a way to engage with things that are disturbing, uncanny, and even utterly monstrous from a safe distance. Our psychological and mental categories for understanding the world are temporarily turned upside down, but we’re not directly, physically threatened by the grotesqueries we are looking at or experiencing, and we know eventually everything will return to normal,”
11. A Mushroom Zombie!
12. These birds got an attitude that is difficult to handle!
13. Acrophobic people will surely fall in this crack.
This is a 65-Foot deep fissure. It’s a long trail in the Canyonlands National Park In Utah, also known as The Black Crack!
Lisa argues that this brings us to a second critical issue. “It’s the pleasure that comes from looking at disturbing images: they give us an opportunity to exercise our minds and to play with reality ourselves. Suddenly, we become storytellers asking ourselves and each other: Where do these grotesque images come from? Who is behind them? How would I react if I encountered this object or situation in real life?”
According to the professor, at their most obnoxious, terrifying images can even motivate real-world change. She stated: “And how do these images make me see my own reality differently? What do I need to do in my own world to make sure this never happens? Terrifying and grotesque events are part of the human experience, and encountering them first in safe artistic and cultural spaces provides us with excellent ways to prepare for them,”
14. Doesn’t this Sears Tower looks like Enderman from Minecraft after a complete blackout?
This is what Sears Tower looks like during a complete blackout.
15. Holy Crap! Who the hell on earth put their clothes hanging this way on the door?
16. These old fossils are quite fascinating.
Photographer Tom Kapitany discovered a 280 million-year-old fossil in Western Australia.
17. The worst nightmare one can have while using the toilet.
In Thailand, a British tourist captured a ‘Monitor Lizard’ emerging from his or her toilet bowl.
18. This is what a whale skeleton looks like.
Someone discovered this huge whale skeleton in Egypt’s Hot Dunes, and it’s just amazing!
19. This picture is so uncomfortable!
Figures would look like this if there were no nails on them.
20. This dog screaming picture will creep you out.
21. “Hey there, just need to talk to you!”
22. More power to this Mom-To-Be!
A beautiful mom with triplets!
23. Is this even real?
24. Didn’t know that the iris could collapse.
Ever wonder that the Iris could collapse as well. That’s right! This man’s Iris collapses due to eye injury.
25. A Massive House Centipede!
Someone found this monster crawling in Japan.
26. Imagine stumbling into these statues in the dark.
There are numerous “Phantom” like statues in Vezio’s Castle in Italy.
27. That’s extremely terrifying!
The Tornado appeared as a result of lightning strikes.
28. It’s not terrifying, but annoying as hell.
After this computer was blue-screened, a webcam appeared at the bottom of the screen.
29. This picture of a skinny black-eyed standing goat is disturbing.
30. How awful this poor soul’s death could be.
Here’s a look at Caribou’s remains in Greenland.
31. And this kid is comfortable with this horrible suit…
Bat Morph Suit
32. Better leave the car and run away…
33. “Aren’t you impressed by how I’m standing here?”
34. A fluffy pumpkin is what you need for this Holloween.
35. Still we will love our little demon’s paw no matter how terrible they look without fur.
36. This doll is even worst than Chucky Doll.
37. This place would be beautiful during the day and dreadful at night.
38. Nick, run. Run right now!
This girl moved to her new place 3 months ago and this is what her boyfriend discovered in her loft. She didn’t even been up there.
39. A little surprise waiting for you in the basement.
This guy found this lock and chain in his new house basement.
40. Frogs can have eyes inside their mouth. Maybe to watch what they are eating!
Did you know that frogs have a mutation that causes their eyes to grow on the inside of their mouth?
41. Whoever designed this corridor was obsessed with horror movies.
42. Is that a robot doing breakdance?
Robot dogs are now patrolling SpaceX’s rocket factory.
43. How on earth did someone figure this way out?
This is a narrow underwater cave.
44. There should be a little more detail on this signboard to make it less scary.
45. “You okay, hooman?”
46. A Death Spiral!
47. That’s a rare disease
This guy’s hand turns this way in cold temperature.
48. This case was both exciting and tragic.
The Dyatlov Pass incident (1959), this picture is one of the last known photographs taken by hikers.
49. A Deja vu signboard!
50. And that’s what the future will look like.
Which compiled picture creeped you out the most? Let us know in the comments section below.