We understand that doing someone a favor does not always result in a thank you. If the internet has taught us anything, it’s that good deeds aren’t always enough, and that certain people will always, always, always find something to blame you for. It never seems to matter how much you give up on them. A Redditor, a parent of seven children (six of whom still live at home, with one having already flown the coop), resorted to the r/entitledparents forum to discuss their experience babysitting their tiny cousin for their uncle while they were abroad. What is the problem? The cousin’s family had recently converted to veganism. That wasn’t a problem for the OP, as they prepared vegan meals for their cousin.
However, things quickly escalated when the uncle’s wife discovered that the Redditor was still preparing meat in their home for everyone else. The family drama became so popular that it ended up on Reddit, where the replies were priceless. Scroll down to read the entire tale in the OP’s own words, and then leave your thoughts in the comments, friends. Our team contacted the post’s author, Redditor u/donut clouds, who was gracious enough to address our questions. Continue reading for the full interview with the parent-of-seven who, it turns out, enjoys Bored Panda.
1. A generous parent promised to babysit their young cousin for free, but things soured when their vegan mother discovered that meat was not prohibited in the house. Following is the summary of the story
2. Hal’s wife Sindee announced that the family would turn vegan, Hal still used to have meat in her absence
3. Their kid needed to be watched while they were away so OP did the job
4. Their child was allowed to stay at OP’s with her other kids
5. The babysitting duty started
6. The cousin was fed with vegan food but OP posted meat on their social media
7. OP was accused of turning the kid into a meat eater which was terrific
8. OP told her that she was not doing anything like that and the food was for herself
9. These are the food details
10. Now is the revenge time
These are the comments on the story by Redditors.
11. The menu was really mouthwatering as you read it