Can a dog person and a non-dog person date each other?
That is such a crucial question to ask yourself if you are a dog lover or a dog owner and you are deciding to date someone. Dogs hold a significant place in the dog owners’ life, they share their happy and sad moments with their dogs. Dogs are everything for them; a family member, a best friend and whatnot. Would you date a person who hates or doesn’t have a liking for dogs? What if your partner asks you to choose one? That’s a tricky question that requires self-analysis or maybe hours-long discussions to know who is more important and what place does a dog hold in your life?
A Reddit user homemadepeachpie showed her concern regarding this issue that it would be a deal breaker for her if someone doesn’t like dogs because they play a huge part in her life. She further adds that everyone has different deal breakers and there are people living in unhappy relationships just because they like dogs and their significant other doesn’t like dogs. Well, we totally agree with homemadepeachpie because it’s important to talk to your partner about such things before entering into a relationship. Scroll down to see if it is a deal breaker or not for other people.
1. If you dislike animals, we can’t be friends.
2. Two months relationship ended on one discussion.
3. Reasonable first date topics.
4. Discuss your future goals with your partner.
5. Make sure to discuss things before you date.
6. Top 5 things that cause divorce.
7. Don’t waste anyone’s time.
Everyone has different deal breakers, some can not compromise their dogs for their partners and think they can never date someone who dislikes dogs and that is totally fine. If you know you guys are not compatible, it’s better not to pursue that relationship for each other’s good. Ask your partner about all the deal breakers so you do not waste your and the other person’s time. Bring your dog with yourself on the first date or simply ask what the other person thinks about dogs. This is how you can find an amazing partner who loves dogs as much as you do.
8. Pro tip: Hang out in doggy places.
9. Not liking dogs is a deal breaker for some people.
10. Know what you like and what you don’t.
11. Think the other way around.
12. Hope he gets the spouse he is looking for.
13. It is important to understand how traumatic experiences shape our behaviors.
If her reaction is “lack of empathy towards dogs” then isn’t it rude and offensive not even for once asking about her dad? Isn’t it a lack of empathy? Her dislike for dogs is based on her traumatic experience and one should understand it before considering it a red flag or a deal breaker. We hope you all get the best partners in life. Tell us in the comments, can you live with a partner who does not like dogs?