Imagine a Disney world full of racial and ethical diversity.
Back in the day, Disney wasn’t very well known for its recent racial and ethnical variety and diversification. There were only white princesses and princes and white love between the two (sorry). And even when they tried, they would fail at executing race differences into their perfect lineup, Pocahontas being an ideal example of the failure.
But Disney is not one of those who don’t improve, recently they have learned from their mistakes and have been working effortlessly to introduce characters from different races, ethnic backgrounds, and cultures. And they actually have been doing an amazing job at it. They are doing a great job at representing their diverse backgrounds. Even though we have this, there is still a part in all of us that is curious to know how all our Disney princesses would look if they were from different races. This one Tumble user, Lettherebedoodles, went against the norm and decided to showcase our famous Disney princesses as to how they would look if they had different ethnic backgrounds than those we are familiar with.
Scroll down below to enjoy this creative spin on the Disney women.
1. This is how Pocahontas would look like if she was a Pacific Islander.
2. Here is how Tiana would look like if she was a Chinese princess.
3. Ever imagined how Belle would would look like if she was an Arabian princess? Well, this is it.
4. This is how Ariel would look like if she was an Indian princess.
5. Artist creatively reimagined Aurora as a Jamaican princess and we kinda like it.
6. For Those who wished to see a Spanish version of the Snow White, your wish has been granted.
7. Shinderera ga nihonjindattara (If Cinderella was Japanese).
8. Here’s how Princess Jasmine would look like if she were African/Luo.
9. This is Merida from Brave. Here’s how she would look like if she was a Brazillian princess.
These reimaginations are absolutely amazing. Is it just me, or do you guys also want these newly created Disney princesses to be showcased in new Disney movies? I really want to see an Inuit Elsa on the cinema screen. They all look so majestic, as they are always meant to be.
10. An Egyptian Megara is the only missing piece to complete our life.
11. Princess Repunzel from Tangled reimagined as a Mexican woman. This looks so right.
12. Here’s how Mulan would look like if she was a Native American princess. Not sure why but she looks so much more powerful in this race, no offense to any race or ethnicity.
13. A new addition to the Disney princess family in 1999, Jane Porter, imagined as a Korean.
14. Here’s how Princess Eilonwy would look like if she was an African/Fula,
15. Kida reimagined as Maori woman. A classic case of kill them with kindness if you ask me.
16. This is how Esmereld would look like if she was a Moroccan princess.
I absolutely love this beyond anything else.
17. Our very own Elsa if she wasn’t white and was actually Innuit. My love for her hasn’t shaken a little. It’s the same, even more, to be honest.
18. We know you were curious about this one too, here’s how Anna would look like if she was an Inuit.
I really hope you guys enjoyed it. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.