We cannot predict when and where our doggos want to relieve themselves.
We can train our doggos but cannot fully control them. Sometimes, when we take them out, they would want to relieve themselves on fresh grass. Yeah, that’s how doggos are but you can always clean their mess. One dog owner took to Reddit to share one incident. She takes her dog out for walks and one day, she noticed that a house has a signboard with the dog photo saying “no poop, no pee”. OP usually avoids walking on the sidewalk but that day, a car was crossing, so she had to walk between the sidewalk and the road.
The dog did his dirty business immediately and the woman cleaned it up but the owner of the house came out furiously and started shouting at her. He threatened to report her the next time. Scroll down for the complete story.
1. OP and her fiance moved into their first home a year ago but they still do not know a lot of their neighbors.
2. OP takes her dog out for a walk every day and she noticed a sign in that house saying “no poop, no pee”. OP usually avoids the sidewalk but she walked on the sidewalk the other day.
3. OP’s dog pooped on the sidewalk but OP immediately picked it up but the owner came out and started yelling at her.
4. OP thinks a dog pooping on a walk is normal.
5. The area between the street and the sidewalk is the city’s property.
6. It should not have been an issue:
OP is a responsible dog owner and she cleaned the poop immediately. She never walked on the sidewalk before. OP should not worry about this because the space where the dog pooped does not belong to the homeowner. It is the city’s property and the homeowner has to manage it and probably this might be the reason why the guy was so furious. Scroll down below to check the comments on the post.
7. The reason why this neighbor was annoyed:
8. OP was not on the neighbor’s property so no harm was done:
9. OP should start walking on the other side of the street to avoid this neighbor:
10. OP cannot stop her dog but she can clean it up and she did what she could.
11. OP picked up the poop but the neighbor wanted to create an issue out of it:
12. The city owns the space between the road and the sidewalk so it was technically the city’s property:
13. OP cleaned up the mess:
The Reddit community has sided with OP. Share your opinion down below in the comment section. Also, share with us, what would have you done if you were at her place.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings