You cannot give away your pets to any friend/family member just because they found it cute.
Pet owners have an irreplaceable bond with their pets and giving up on their pets is not an easy thing. You cannot expect them to give their pet to you just because you found them cute and you got attached to them. A Reddit user took to Reddit to explain that she adopted a dog and left her dog at her mom’s place while she had to complete her university. She came back home after three years and she was looking for a job. When she got a job, she decided to move to a nearby apartment. When it came to taking her dog with her, her brother got offended and told her that he and his girlfriend were pretty close to the dog and that she should not take it with her. They further told her that they have been taking care of the dog while was busy studying. OP told them that she never asked them to take care of the dog. She only asked her mom to take care of the dog while she was away from home. Scroll down for the complete story.
1. OP moved into a friend’s house after school and bought a puppy. She left the house after 6 years. She asked her mother to take care of the puppy so she can go to university.
2. OP’s mother agreed because she loves dogs. OP sends money to cover the cost of food and vet appointments for her dog.
3. OP returned to her mother’s home after completing her degree. After 6 months, she found a job and started moving all of her furniture to a nearby apartment.
4. When OP went to pick her dog up, her brother complained that he and his girlfriend have been taking care of the dog for the last 3 years and they don’t want her to take the dog with her.
5. OP took her dog to her apartment. Her brother sent her a couple of texts and blocked her.
6. OP was very clear to her mother about Penny before she gave her to her mother and OP’s brother cannot financially support Penny.
OP never asked her brother to take care of the dog. Also, she told her mom that she will be taking her dog back once her studies would be completed. She financially supported her dog while she was away. OP’s brother cannot support the dog financially and he should not have the dog. Scroll down for comments from the Reddit community.
7. OP should avoid her brother.
8. OP’s mother should talk to OP’s brother and make it clear to him that it was OP’s dog.
9. Why is OP’s brother acting out? She has been with Penny for the last 6 months and must have been taking care of her.
10. OP’s family should also get a dog.
11. OP had her dog for 6 years while her brother only had her for 3 years.
12. If someone cannot financially support an animal, they cannot own an animal.
13. OP’s brother and his gf should have always known that one day OP would take the dog away.
Would you give your pet to your brother just because they got attached to your pet? Share your opinion in the comment section down below!
Enjoy this wholesome dog tax:
“Rip and Andy Dufresne love their new winter gear. Andy (beagle) seems to be smiling.”