In this story, we witness a tense domestic interaction revolving around a pregnant stepdaughter’s fear of climbing ladders. The stepfather, who is enthusiastic about gardening and fruit picking, asks for her assistance in picking tomatoes and plums. However, her reluctance to climb a ladder due to a history of anxiety and her current pregnancy complicates the situation. Despite her efforts to communicate her discomfort calmly, the stepfather’s reaction is to yell at her, accusing her of being dramatic. This escalates into a heated exchange where he insists she leave and does nothing while he handles the task himself.
The mother’s response to the situation reflects a certain level of understanding and acceptance of her daughter’s fear and limitations. She acknowledges that her stepdaughter doesn’t climb ladders, suggesting that this is a well-known fact within the family. This acknowledgment implies that her mother recognizes and respects her stepdaughter’s boundaries and doesn’t pressure her to confront her fears unnecessarily. So keep on scrolling down below to read the whole story narrated by OP and make sure to read it till the end.
1. OP’s stepfather likes to garden but OP does not moreover, OP hates ladders and has anxiety climbing up.
2. OP is also 16 weeks pregnant with twins and his stepfather asked her to pick some potatoes and plums using the ladder, and when she told him she could not he told OP to stop being so dramatic.
3. When OP tells him that she’s not climbing a ladder he yells at her
4. OP said he has fallen multiple times climbing the ladder
5. Here’s an update in which OP told viewers he has calmed down and even sent an apology text
6. This user wanted to ask how old is he because he sounds like he’s a toddler to which OP replied yes
7. This user suggested that they should hire someone to pick the fruit as it is dangerous for her and them to climb ladders
8. This user said OP to think about getting a tool for him to pick the fruits out of the tree
9. Exactly, not any rational person would make a pregnant woman climb a ladder.
10. This user suggested OP get him a telescoping pole to pick fruit
11. This user said OP did the right thing and at least she deserves an actual face-to-face apology
12. Stepfather lacks common sense
13. this is a nice idea, what do you think?
14. OP’s actions were totally reasonable
15. There are a lot of people who have problems climbing the ladder, OP is not alone.
16. This user made a solid point! OP cannot afford to get hurt while she’s carrying those two souls inside her
17. He really needs to get that fruit picker ASAP before anyone else gets hurt
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!