Stepsiblings made life hell for their siblings.
Things sort of get complicated when your parents first birth you, and then they get divorced, and then your father proceeds to marry another woman who already has children. You’re two and they are two. How is this relation or link ever supposed to survive with this many tangles? It is very difficult for such bonds to work out because the wives won’t ever gel, the father may start prioritizing one set of children compared to the other, and the siblings may not behave like siblings. There are way too many possibilities.
In today’s story, we have this exact same case and no things did not work out. The stepsiblings to OP’s children for some reason had decided to make life hell for OP’s children. OP here is the ex-wife of that ex-husband who got married. His wife’s children are OP’s children’s stepsiblings. I hope that makes things clear.
Knowing the stepsiblings throw a lot of tantrums at their “brothers”, one day when they showed up at OP’s house to play with them, she told them to walk right back to where they came from. Her ex-husband obviously didn’t receive this news well and started yelling at OP for being careless.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. OP has two sons but their father is no longer in her life as the two took a divorce.
2. Her husband didn’t quite like that his sons didn’t bring him gifts for Christmas.
3. And of course, OP was blamed for not buying the gifts and giving them to the sons to present to their father.
4. The ex-husband wants the kids to share everything with their stepsiblings but will the stepsiblings do the same?
5. The stepsiblings clearly do not like OP’s sons and the sons also don’t like going to their father’s house because they get mistreated there.
6. Father along with his wife and stepchildren decided to invite themselves to Cade’s party.
7. And obviously, the stepsiblings decided to ruin the fun.
8. OP still shares custody of the boys.
9. One day the stepsiblings randomly decided to show up at OP’s house to play with their brothers.
10. They walked to her house and she told them to walk back to their own house. She was never going to let them near her kids after all that they had been doing.
11. They aren’t old men who couldn’t walk back home, they are energetic kids.
Let’s address the elephant in the room Sending the children back home and not letting them enter the house was not a nice thing to do. But if they walked to her house, they surely could walk back home. It’s not like they would’ve suddenly forgotten where they came from on the return journey. So, this is just the ex-husband overdramatizing the situation and that’s all there is to that. Next up, we all know why she didn’t let those kids in. They did not come with the intention to play with their brothers because we know what they did on their brother’s birthday. Clearly, they had some plans and mommy did not want to take any risks. So I would say the OP was NTA.
Here’s what the internet had to say:
12. The relationships in this story were way too complicated.
13. OP’s kids are old enough to make their own decision but OP says rules are different where they live, in terms of age.
14. OP got suggested to call the police the next time they show up just to put their parents under the bus.
15. Those kids are not OP’s concern.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via The Kangaroo Sanctuary Alice Springs
This Kangaroo makes sure it gives its rescuer a hug every day just to let them know how grateful it is for the efforts made to rescue it. And it hasn’t missed a single day since.