Working with passion is the key secret to success. It’s a fine line between top achievers and mediocre people in many cases. You will come across several success stories of people, whether they are businessmen, professors, or even actors and actresses. These performers have a big number of followers due to their dedication, effort, and passion for their jobs.
However, these actors sometimes use a technique known as “Method Acting.” It’s a strategy that enables actors to play roles based on their own experiences, feelings, and emotions. Method acting appears to be extremely fascinating, but did you know that it might lead to self-harm or the need to see a therapist? That’s correct!
Still don’t believe us? That is why we have gathered these incredible (but horrifying) experiences of these legendary celebrities who have gone above and beyond to win these roles. So, have a look at this list of the 30 most outstanding actors by just scrolling down!
1. To play this role of Joker, Heath Ledger isolated himself.
He isolated himself for weeks to catch the insanity of this Joker character.
2. For the movie Ray, Jamie Foxx went blind to get fit for this role.
Being blind for a role seems to be simple, but man, it’s is no easy task. Just like Jamie, who glued his eyes for a good 14 hours every day just to be a good fit for his role in the movie Ray.
3. It’s insane, how Christian Bale lost so much weight for a single role.
Just to look like an emaciated person, Christian Bale lost 55 pounds in four months, and that’s just crazy.
4. Even if you starve yourself, it’s so challenging to lose 25 pounds in two weeks. But Anne Hathaway pulled it off.
5. Johnny Depp, one of the most talented actors, never fails to deliver his role perfectly.
Johnny Depp lived with the person he was portraying in order to learn his personality and to observe his behavior.
6. During acting, Adrien Brody decided to give up his life by disconnecting himself from the outside world.
This amazing actor, Adrien Brody disconnected himself from the world. He broke up with his then-girlfriend. Not only this, but he also stopped using his cellphone and sold his car. He also lost 30 pounds to become emaciated.
7. Before the film Taxi Driver (1976) started, Robert De Niro worked as a real taxi driver.
Robert De Niro drove around New York City with a real taxi driver’s license.
8. Michael B. Jordan nailed the part with perfection and turned Killmonger into a badass villain in the Black Panther movie.
Did you know that Michael B. Jordan needed therapy after he isolated himself just for the role of Killmonger in the Black Panther movie?
9. Daniel Day-Lewis is an incredible actor with class acting!
Daniel Day-Lewis was spoonfed on a wheelchair while shooting the film My Left Foot!
10. Hilary Swank excels in her every role because of her incredible skills!
She got some dangerous infection due to hours of training while shooting for a film.
11. During the filming of Ammonite, Kate Winslet wanted to play Mary, so she tried out some unique method acting.
She lived alone in a beach house with unstable electricity.
12. Robert Pattinson went crazy!
To better get into the character, Robert went insane while filming The Lighthouse.
14. Whitaker gave us the chills as Amin!
Forest Whitaker learned Swahili and he has to live only on two things; mashed Bananas and some beans!
14. Mickey Rourke learned a new language!
For three hours daily, Mickey Rourke studied the Russian language just to fit the role of a Russian scientist.
15. Ashton Cutcher was hospitalized during the shooting of Jobs.
Ashton Cutcher who was playing Steve Jobs in the movie Jobs followed Steve Jobs’ diet. As a result, he was hospitalized twice because of pancreatitis.
16. Nicolas Cage is known for his crazy acting, he pulled out his teeth for real just for a single role.
Can you get your tooth pulled out without Anesthesia? No? then here’s the bravo, Nicolas Cage, who did it.
17. Leonardo DiCaprio became non-veg for his role!
He has to eat real raw bison meat, despite being a vegetarian.
18. Sylvester Stallone asked his co-founder to punch him. Is this a method acting or being a tough badass?
Later, Sylvester Stallone was sent to the hospital after asking his co-star to hit him.
19. Shia LaBeouf, is one of the craziest role players!
Just to have realistic wounds, Shia LaBeouf would cut his face every time while filming.
20. Ed Harris tied out the unique technique that made him one of the best artists.
He learned how to paint because he was chosen to portray the artist in the biographical movie Pollock.
21. Jim Carrey, a dedicated actor!
During the filming of Man on the Moon, Jim Carrey never strayed from his character.
22. Gary Oldman went way too far!
It’s insane how one can smoke 400 cigars, worth a total of $20,000. That’s true! because Gary Oldman was the one who smoked this amount of cigars.
23. To succeed in his role as an injured soldier, Marlon Brando lived with paraplegics.
Marlon Brando lived in the hospital with paraplegics whole month.
24. Helle Berry used method acting to resemble a drug addict!
Halle Berry experimented with method acting when she went 10 days without showering to play a drug addict in the movie Jungle Fever.
25. Will Smith chose not to use method acting again after falling in love with a coworker on set while filming.
Will Smith used to like his co-worker Stockard Channing while filming.
26. Well, isn’t this act of Dustin Hoffman considered abuse instead of method acting?
Dustin Hoffman sometimes overacted in character, attempting to upset Meryl Streep. He slapped Maryl Streep to tell her when he deviated from the script.
27. Choi Min-Sik was willing to go to any length to play his character successfully.
To make his makeup more realistic, he burnt himself with a hot wire. That’s insane, one could die with this silly act!
28. That’s why Lady Gaga sounded like she had a Russian accent in the film.
For 9 months, Lady Gaga spoke with an Italian accent.
29. That’s horrible! Jamie Dornan should have asked the lady how she felt later.
To play a serial killer role successfully, Jamie Dornan stalked a woman to know how serial killers behave.
30. Jared Leto is by far the creepiest Joker ever!
As his introduction to the rest of the cast, Jared Leto brought a dead pig onto the set.
Which fact about these actors drew your attention the most? Let us know in the comments section below.