The beauty of art depends on the eye of the viewer.
The definition of good art is always going to be different for everyone. The whole idea of art depends on the viewers’ interpretation of it and the perspective they have about life which obviously impacts how you think. A piece that was made in 48 hours may not surprise someone as much as a quick 15-minute sketch of your own self. So art is very subjective! Phil Heckels, famously known as Hercule Van Wolfwinkle, confirms there are no pre-defined set of rules or directions to become a successful artist, it’s an ongoing experience.
Phil found a career in art doodling with his kids for one. Who knew he would go on to become such a massive artist soon. His uniqueness really did catch everyone’s attention and you guys will know what I am talking about in just a minute. It all started with Phil making “Thank You” cards and posting them on his Facebook account. They soon caught the attention of a lot of users and they started requesting him to make portraits of their pet animals. And the best thing was he never charged anything for his portraits, instead, he wanted people to donate the money to a homeless charity of his choice, Turning Tides.
Scroll down below to enjoy his unique masterpieces!
1. I like those underpants.
I swear the portrait just changed the whole dynamic of the picture and that is not an easy thing to do. Now I see why Hercule’s work is so loved.
2. Limbs too long, you never have to move again to grab something or someone.
The floof’s procrastinating selves is rightfully portrait.
3. That’s a really neigh-ice portrait to be fair.
4. Right on point.
How and why are these so aesthetically pleasing? I really want to meet Phil now.
5. Hmm! Interesting.
6. I’d hang that on my wall.
Just look at those tiny cute eyes. Made him look so sneaky.
7. Okay this kinda funny!
8. Well hello there, would you like some of this fluff?
The yellow undies. They are back and ready to steal all hearts.
9. Looking anything but its angry self, in the portrait.
These drawings are so innocent.
10. Hammies are really easy to draw. Just some big circles and fill them in with paint. Tadaa! A fresh Hamster portrait.
Upper body: Aww so cute. Lower body: Those are some creepy ass limbs.
11. The tongue is the obvious star of the show and I am glad it has been heavily emphasized in the portrait.
Maybe a little too much but it’s okay. After all, size does matter.
12. I really this doggo should consider an afro. It suits the dog so well in the portraits.
Art is all about idea generation, inspiration, and then implementation.
13. I really don’t know what to make of this.
The almighty yellow undies can finally be seen in action though. Watch those sales ascending to the sky.
14. From contemplating life to the cutest baby ever. Commendable skills!
15. You must be popular among dogs.
The dog you see in the portrait has magical powers. It’s resting its arm on thin air.
Is there an award for artwork because Hercule fully deserves it. I am so glad that he is not doing it for the money and there is a very positive cause that he is supporting with the sales of his work. Appreciate such people and will continue doing so.
Let’s enjoy some more badly drawn animal portraits which are masterpieces in disguise.
16. Now that is top notch creativity. So hilarious!
17. So the dog is behind the table to hide the fact that it is losing ink.
Not gonna lie, that’s a really awkward position to stand in mate!
18. The markings are so on point and looks like the undie sales really are hiking.
19. Haha so cute! Such a simple idea yet so magnificent.
20. The kind of exaggeration we adore! Love those pony tails.
21. Elon Musk in 2021 vs Elon Musk in 1999.
That hairline has been through a lot. Glad its sorted now.
22. Accurate representation of a pup’s heart in that portrait; cute and sweet.
23. Metropolis! Have no fear. Captain yellow underpants here to protect you from the Darkseid.
I see. Captain yellow underpants disguises himself as Superman. Smart!
24. Dog: “Thanks. I can now easily peep over tall fences.”
Wasn’t the nose already too big? You made it “nosier”.
25. This is exactly how I’d imagine it if there was a cartoon series made on it…ever.
Its the limbs that get me every single time. Too good.
26. Yellow pants! You’ve got some competition.
27. Which one’s the portrait?
28. Such a happy portrait.
You know you are killing the game if you can express emotions through a drawing or an artwork. Massive respect for Hercule.
29. It’s like the whole thing got dialed up to 11.
Especially those hands, they are making my head go places!
30. When you try to make a funny portrait of their pet but end up creating a masterpiece for the whole multiverse to cherish till the end of time.
That wasn’t dramatic at all, was it?
Can we just take this moment and applaud Phil’s art with all our hearts? You really can’t tell me what art is good and what is bad after this. It’s all about how you interpret the purpose being its creation. I’ve learnt something new today.
I really hope you guys enjoyed these masterpieces! Just goes on to show the magic of art. Initially, I thought I won’t enjoy these drawings but they really do strike you in a very unique way. Great job. Hercule. Good luck with your future endeavors!
And you guys don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.