A lot of women leave their jobs due to workplace harassment from male employees.
Workplace harassment is a real thing and can happen at any company or firm. People may appear to be very professional but no one knows what really goes in their heads. Your colleagues might appear to respect you but they would be bitching about you behind your back. A lawyer named “Sarah” who works at a law firm got inappropriate texts from her boss one day. The texts were sent by mistake. The boss was planning to send those texts to another colleague but it was mistakenly sent to OP. You must be thinking about what the texts were about. These texts had inappropriate sexual remarks and these remarks were about OP.
The boss was talking about how he hopes Sarah has her tits out. Imagine getting such texts from your boss. Would not you be creeped out at your boss? Would not you want to leave your job? Who would work with such a horrible boss? Let us tell you another thing. OP is the only woman working in the law firm. There is no HR in OP’s law firm. Otherwise, OP would have gone to HR first and reported her boss. As soon as OP’s boss realized that he has made a big mistake. He texted OP to talk to him but OP did not reply. He sent a voicemail telling her that he wants to talk about something really important. OP did not reply again. OP got texts from two other colleagues but OP did not reply. OP filed a case against her boss and decided to leave the job. The boss is freaking out but OP would not back out. Scroll down to hear the complete story from Sarah.
1. OP received inappropriate texts from her boss that he intended to send to another coworker.
2. OP’s boss realized that he has sent the texts to the wrong person. Boss’ wife also works in the same firm where OP works.
3. OP’s boss left a voicemail saying that he has something important to discuss.
4. Two other people texted OP to talk to them.
5. OP is the only woman that works there.
There is no better way to deal with this situation than contacting the attorney and filing a case against the boss. If she would not do it, he would keep harassing so many more female employees. The fact that the boss’ wife wanted to resolve the situation is disgusting. She should also hold him accountable rather than siding with him.
6. OP got an appointment to talk to her attorney.
7. OP has met one attorney and she is meeting the other attorney at lunch. The boss’ wife is coming back to the town to deal with this.
8. OP has made a tiny update for all the questions that she received in the comments:
9. OP’s lawyer suggested her to stop giving the Twitter updates.
10. Everyone at OP’s office is freaking out:
How would you have reacted if you got those inappropriate texts from your boss? Would you let it go or file a case against him/her? Share your opinion in the comment section down below!