The bond between a pet and its owner is that of unconditional love.
Soon after an inseparable bond forms between the pet and its owner, a point comes in life after which the pet basically becomes a family member and you treat it like it’s your own child. Pet owners would then do anything they possibly can to make sure their best friend is safe, healthy, happy, and loved.
One of these pet and owner bonds is that between a man and his cat. You cannot believe how strongly the two gel together with only a pinch of love required for the bond to stay intact forever. Onwards is bliss. Life turns into heaven as the cat fills its owner’s life with happiness, joy, and so much love and the grateful owner returns all those favors by unconditionally loving their cat and dearly caring for it.
There’s another very important relationship, it’s that between a man and a woman. Boyfriend and girlfriend dearly love each other and have a dream of spending their lives together as one, eventually getting married and having children. A nice, cozy life with your other half, I think that’s what everyone wants. But this relationship can take a major hit if the parties involved don’t make compromises or try to intervene attempt to change the personal life of the other. That is not considered good in terms of the strength of a relationship and it can break very easily as a consequence.
In today’s story, we have got a couple getting separated because of this very reason. The boyfriend had a cat that got missing and the girlfriend later admitted it was her doing as she did not like the cat and didn’t want it to be in the house. For kicking out her boyfriend’s cat, who he dearly loved, he decided to take revenge by kicking his girlfriend out.
Scroll down below to read the story as OP shared it on the subreddit AITA to know if he did the wrong thing by kicking his girlfriend out or not.
1. Weird that the girlfriend didn’t like Raven and after her moving in, one day Raven magically disappeared.
2. A friend of OP spotted the cat somewhere and brought it back to them. And the girlfriend soon admitted it was her doing.
3. What happens in return? OP kicks his girlfriend out of his house for kicking his precious best friend out.
4. His friends said he was going a bit too far with this so OP sent his matter to the AITA community to know if he did the right thing or not.
OP was NTA. Again, as I mentioned earlier, compromises are extremely important. Relationships survive solely based on the sacrifices that the couple makes. Not liking the cat was the girlfriend’s choice, I don’t have a problem with that. But going out of the way to kick the cat out of the house, a cat who has never been outdoors and could’ve possibly died is what makes her a complete AH. OP had spent more time with his cat than his girlfriend so obviously, the pet-owner bond was going to be stronger. And when he got to know what had happened, kicking his girlfriend out seemed like the only valid option. I fully support him for that.
Here’s what the AITA members had to say:
5. Keep your cat away from her as you may compromise its safety if it’s around that woman.
6. That speaks volumes.
7. She will figure it out, she just needs to go.
8. Kick the girlfriend out as soon as possible.
9. Waiting till the end of the month may be a bad decision. She needs to go in the next hour.
10. That would teach her a lesson.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Please share your votes and thoughts in the comments section down below. Did OP do the right thing by kicking his girlfriend out?
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My husband and I adopted our very first fur baby together. We’ve always wanted our own void. This is Bruce.”