Let’s bring some paw-sitivity in our day!
There’s no doubt that cats are lively, endearing, and intelligent creatures. With their independent and mischievous temperament, they keep the people who care for them constantly on their toes. They are the reason why the majority of people love to adopt these feline babies and they are universally adored.
Social media and our big screens are full of celebrities who are famous for their acting skills. But ever wonder who deserves an award for “best acting skills” – obviously it’s our cats! Without a shadow of a doubt, cats are the only creatures on our planet that are well-known for their acting behaviors, their cheeky and wicked cat-titudes, and their flawless posing skills. Well, if you won’t believe us, then you will definitely agree after watching these hilarious yet adorable images of cats gathered from the internet just to bring some paw-sitivity into your day.
So, keep scrolling down and have a peek at these fluffy creatures!
1. This black beauty will kill you with its cuteness.
2. That’s called UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
Dr. Jo Lewis (an award-winning British Feline Expert Vet) and the author of What’s my cat thinking? was once asked why humans are mesmerized and adore these cutest creatures? Upon which she responded “I think for me personally, cats seem to connect with my soul,”
“It’s not all about how they look, although as a lifelong cat lover and feline expert vet, I naturally think all cats are visual masterpieces and the epitome of cuteness. But more importantly for me, it’s about their physical and spiritual presence in the home and how they interact with me and the world around them,” she added.
Dr. Lewis also stated, “when they’re curled up with you and then they look into your eyes and either snuggle into an even tighter ball or reach out a soft paw to gently touch your face — having seemingly made a conscious choice to retract those killer claws and opt for tenderness.”
3. When you are doing yoga and resting at the same time.
4. A purr-fect vam-purr doesn’t exist!
When asked why people find their appearance so appealing, she responded that, to a certain extent, it is a matter of personal preference and taste. It turns out, though, that there is something significantly more chemical going on “We feline scientists believe that pet cats share a lot of the same visually appealing features as infants of our own species.”
According to the findings, cats are the same size and weight as the average human newborn, and they have compact little faces with big foreheads, button noses, and huge bright, forward-facing eyes. “Of course, both babies and cats are soft to the touch — fur (only ever of the faux kind of course!) must be a desirable tactile texture given its appeal across the fashion, interior design and cuddly toy industries.”
5. 2 cats making a perfect heart shape!
6. Someone please place this kitty in Titanic Scene!
7. Perfectly gorgeous two-faced kitty!
According to the expert vet, people are definitely drawn to sweet animal features because they make us want to care for and protect them in the same way we might care for our own children. “People get such pleasure from providing for their cat’s needs too,” she added. “Whether it’s their ‘cute’ faces or appealing meows and purrs, spending time with cats can have a powerful impact on our stress levels.”
“Science has shown that it even improves the carefulness and steadiness of our muscle control and movements (presumably to ensure we don’t drop that baby).” So Dr. Lewis believes it’s no surprise people with cats “often call them ‘fur babies’ and refer to themselves as a ‘purrent’, ‘cat mom’ or ‘cat daddy’.”
8. Oh gosh! just look at this grumpy sad cat in the pot.
9. This adorableness and beauty is enough to steal your heart.
“Excuse Me, But Did Someone Say ‘Pspspspsps!’?”
10. Aw! just want to hold this kitty to make everything perfect for this baby.
Our love for cats isn’t all about how cute they look. “Both human infants and cats let us know when they need something by letting out audible, high-pitched cries (or meows) that research shows measure at a very similar frequency. Pet cats have even purrfected their vocal repertoire to the degree that it has a more endearing tone to the human ear than the calls of their wildcat ancestors. Once you deliver what a meowing cat is after, you’ve essentially rewarded them and hence trained them to do it again!”
11. WARNING: Below picture is overloaded with cuteness that you can’t handle.
12. Don’t see mee hooman!
13. Eh! you might want to adopt this baby after watching these pictures…
The rescue asked to take pictures that show this foster kitten’s personality in order to help her find a new home.
Cat’s logic is one of the biggest mysteries of this world. Dr. Lewis has devoted her career and life to helping people understand cats, she once stated: “are usually trying to tell us something far more significant than ‘hey, I’m so cute!'”
“We have to be careful we don’t misinterpret what are actually important clues about their health and wellbeing,” she continued. “More often than not, behaviors that we label as ‘cute’ … are a clue to how they’re feeling in that moment. They might be hungry, but they may also have learned to enjoy the attention or food that you lavish on them when they do that particular ‘cute’ thing and simply want more of the same. But they might equally be signaling that you could be doing a lot more to better meet their needs.”
14. A kitty with a perfect crown!
15. It’s the smiles of these babies that makes our heart skip a beat.
16. Hope this rainbow kitty brings joy and bright colors to your life.
According to Dr. Lewis, it’s actually the cat’s basic survival instincts, illness, or pharmaceutical side effects that make us find these cheeky or naughty cat behaviors appealing. “she might have an artificially increased appetite from illnesses like an overactive thyroid, diabetes, or medications like steroids.”
Sometimes, their behavior is not even about the food at all: “They might simply need some attention, the chance to interact with you more and this is the first opportunity that day when you’ve been home and sat in one spot.” So if you assume they’re just acting cute, “you could be missing out on diagnosing and treating an illness, or be overlooking an opportunity to understand them better.”
17. A perfect date!
18. Being imperfect is beautiful.
This adorable cat named Louis is much prettier than the rest of the cats because of his lazy eye.
19. Well, no one could actually work with these fluffies babies.
As a reminder, Dr. Lewis would like to remind all of you that cats aren’t concerned with their appearance, how “cute” we think they are, or how many social media followers they have amassed. “They just want to stay in optimal health and have the freedom to enjoy a natural life with us without suffering from pain, illness, or frustration.”
20. Have you ever seen such a perfect feline family?
22. Isn’t she a purr-fect poser?
We should keep in mind that many designer cats have exaggerated qualities that some people find ‘cute,’ despite the fact that their appearances are adorable.
“Sadly, the uncomfortable truth that as a vet I see day in and day out, is that behind these very flattened, ‘grumpy’ faces, curled/folded ears, stunted legs, exotic-looking fur (or no fur at all!), or whatever look that influencers say is cool or ‘cute’, are the poor cats that are destined to suffer from a plethora of unnecessary debilitating, painful and life-limiting health conditions.”
23. Black Beauty!
24. With so many tongues, how can anyone capture this image?
25. “Misster, let’s start our discussion”
Dr. Lewis concluded “By breeding or buying these cats, and even sharing or liking their antics on social media, people are unwittingly supporting their ongoing suffering. I’m all about promoting the concept that a cat’s health and happiness are more important than their perceived ‘cuteness’. That’s what cats need from us, and it’s what being a true cat lover is really all about,”
26. Angles and timings matters alot!
27. Ballerina napping!
28. When you can’t find your Cheetos, but finds the proof!
29. Meet the President of the kitties world.
Saturday, March 19, 1994, Socks the Cat looks over the podium in the White House Briefing Room.
30. What a cute little baby!
31. This teeny-weeny black kitty is so adorable!
32. “What have you done this to me, hooman”
33. Is that a bunny or a cat?
34. The Pirate kitty!
35. Have you ever seen Black Beans???
36. Love that big smile and happy face!
37. Eeh! just want to give this fluffball hugs and kisses…
38. That’s how you recharge your kitty!
39. Bowie’s expressions, shiny eyes and the frame – a perfect combo!
40. Just WOW!
41. Looks like a rainbow leapard!
42. The way this kitty is crossing her legs and wearing her cap is adorable!
43. Meet Dumpling, a grey fluffball!
44. “What, aren’t you taking my picture???”
45. “Ohkay! don’t shoot mew”
46. A gorgeous cheetah looking kitty!
47. Rounded fluffy mum and kitty!
48. “hooman, there’s no fruit here”
49. This cat looks like a schoolbus!
50. Why there’s always one cat photobombing the picture?
Do you have a fluffy kitty who enjoys spreading love and happiness in your life? If so, we’d love to see photos of your kitty in the comments section below!