Having a cat completely changes your lifestyle. Having a feline presence in your life makes you a new person. You take responsibility for your cat like it’s your child. You not only take care of yourself during the day but also of your cat. If you are a cat owner, you are probably the receiver of many unexpected gifts. Cat owners already know what this is about. Having a cat is not as simple as people think it is. It does not only involve feeding them and training them to use their litter tray. It also involves a lot of scratching, ruined furniture, wasted cat food, broken vases, and much more. But most importantly, it involves many, many unexpected gifts. This is their way of showing you how much they love you. This is their way of telling you that they are your favorite human being! Every cat owner goes through this rollercoaster ride.
Scroll below to see some craziest gifts cats brought to their humans.
1. Can you cook this mushroom for me, mom?
2. Gift of the day: teabag
This is still better than bringing mice and birds to the house!
3. I brought you a birthday gift, human.
4. A pretty flower for a pretty human!
5. They’re fighting who will gift this lizard to the human
6. Mom, you keep saying you can’t find a hairband, so I brought you one!
“Every morning my cats bring me gifts, usually things they stole from me though. Today: a plastic piece, a rubber band, and my comb?”
7. A little toy to help my human feel better from her sickness!
“I’m going through health issues and came home from college walking with a cane. Cookie saw me, got his fav stuffed mouse, and eft it by my bed.
Cats bring gifts to their fam when they think they can’t provide for themselves.”
8. This is her way of helping with the dishes.
“Most cats bring mice or birds as gifts. Mine brings me sponges/scourers.”
9. How do you like my shiny gift, human?
10. I brought you your dinner to bed, Missy.
“They say cats bring you gifts because they think humans are too dumb to hunt for their own food. He must think I’m really struggling.”
11. Why doesn’t this mouse taste like other mice I have eaten?
12. This one did not bring a pretty gift.
13. “Some cats bring you dead mice, mine gifts triceratops”
14. No filthy animals, just toys!
15. You told me you liked the crust, so I brought you a crust I found on the street.
16. Let me do your laundry for you!
17. Instead of one gift, this cat likes to bring a bundle.
18. A slithery gift for my human!
19. When will our cats stop bringing poor mice? No mouse is safe.
20. This is their way of saying they are craving bakes goods.
21. Everything pink!
22. A daily ritual.
23. Butters did not want her human to starve!
24. A simple ball for my human today!
25. Found these fallen leaves, Mom. Maybe you can add them to your potpourri
26. A sushi roll to share with my human!
“The cutest thing is when the cats bring me gifts, like congrats you good little hunter, you found a stuffed sushi roll let me gift you a treat!
27. A tiny insect brutally murdered by a furry creature!
28. Appreciate my effort, human! I brought you a gift.
29. If cats are going to bring home bitten snakes, it is better if they do not bring any gifts at all!
30. Some bendy straws for my mom!
God, keeping cats is a full job. It never comes to an end. Whenever your cat brings in a new little insect or animal to a house, it feels like you will be spending the day chasing your cat to let go of that poor animal. While most of the time cats bring injured animals and random snakes home, sometimes they also like bringing cute little things around from the house to you. You have to accept everything they bring to you. It is part of the “deal”.
Does your cat bring you little animals and if they do, what’s the weirdest gift that you received from your furry little companion? Let us know down in the comments below!