Everything is not what it seems.
Have you ever heard of the term “movie magic”? Well, a lot of movies seem to work it and make people believe whatever they want. The use of CGI is one example. Thanks to CGI, we see some impossible things happening on screen that we can’t manually make happen. Then there are dupes. Some actors aren’t comfortable with doing some parts or are unable to do so, so there are body doubles that take their place and it is almost impossible to tell the difference during the movie. We just feel like it is the main actor doing the part. Movies also love tricking us. You might think a movie based on a musical would be using the actual actor’s singing voice but that would not be the case. Sometimes it is easy to point out these lies and tricks. However, other times they are concealed so well that we eventually end up being deceived. If you are a huge movie geek, you might be able to tell some of the lies told in the movies but if you are a casual watcher, it does not mean much to you if you are being tricked or not. You just want to watch the movie. Well, it is always fun to know more about the movies that you enjoy. And sometimes when the lies and tricks are revealed to you, you are usually caught off guard.
Here is a list of some deceptions from movies that had us all tricked. Brace yourselves because some of these might really surprise you. Scroll down below to read them.
1. Sister Mary Robert from ”Sister Act 2” lip-synced all her singing.
2. Genovia from ”The Princess Diaries” series is not a real country.
3. Jennifer Lopez didn’t sing on ”Salena”.
4. Rebecca Ferguson didn’t sing on ”The Greatest Showman”.
5. Donny Osmond sang in ”Mulan”.
Elise Haverstick, Facebook
6. The Characters ”Rose” and ”Jack” were made up for Titanic.
7. Multiple characters were played by Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future Part II.
8. 48 piglets were used to play the title pig in babe.
9. Ralph Macchio was 22-year-old when he played in the Karate kid.
10. Zac Efron didn’t sing in the first High School Musical. It was actually done by Drew Seeley.
11. Jessie from The Parent Trap? Was actually called ”Chessy”.
12. Rachel McAdams wore a wig in Mean girls.
13. Smith was 28 years old and Pocahontas was about 10 when they met each other for the first time.
14. Pretty Woman had Julia Roberts’ head superimposed onto her body double.
15. Hilary Duff’s sister Haylie Duff provided the singing voice in The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
Tayla Leigh Sargent, Facebook
16. Older Dottie was not played by Geena Davis In A League of Their Own.
Julie Kennedy, Facebook
After reading some of these, I will really be second-guessing every other thing I see in a movie now. What even is real? Am I going through an existential crisis? Okay, maybe am just overreacting but I really was not expecting some of these facts. I guess that is just the wonder of movies. They will make you believe anything. We are not done just yet. Keep scrolling below to read more.
17. Zachary Binx from Hocus Pocus is actually named “Thackery.”
18. Sean Murray and Jason Marsden played Thackery.
19. Raptor noises in Jussaric Park are actually tortoise mating sounds.
20. Forrest Gump is not based on real events.
21. Bubba Gump Shrimp never actually existed.
22. All the Rugrats in Rugrats in Paris: The Movie were voiced by women.
Joanna Wurtzel, Facebook
Do you know about any movie tricks and lies? Share them with the rest of us in the comments below.