Taking care of pets can be a challenging task.
It is not just about feeding it on time or providing it with a cozy environment to take a comfortable nap. Dogs only have their owners to look up to, they don’t expect anything from anyone else because they form an inseparable bond with you, the owner. They give you unconditional love and they only expect the same.
So this means you, as an owner, are responsible for everything your dog does, everything that happens around it, and everything that it does. You can understand the level of challenge here from the fact that even children develop a sense of independence after a certain age but that dog will always remain a baby, which means you will have to keep that parenting mode on forever.
There can occur instances when you cannot be around your dog for some time. In some cases, many dog owners resort to dog hotels and another option, relatively expensive, is to hire a dog sitter.
In today’s story, we have a dog sitter sharing her experience with the sacred community of AITA. She mentioned that she got a client who lied about her dog’s habits just so the dog sitter would accept the request. OP had clearly asked whether the dog has any chewing habits and the client said it was a very peaceful dog.
Scroll down below to read how the dog made life hell for its dog sitter and how did she respond to it.
1. This is going to be interesting.
2. OP’s client clearly told her that their dog had never chewed anything ever.
3. Turns out the dog had a proper chewing habit and the client had lied.
4. OP woke up in the middle of the night to check up on the dog only to witness bites on her couch and her rug being completely destroyed.
5. I think you should charge fully for the destroyed items.
I really don’t think OP had to ask the AITA members for this one. Clearly, she was NTA in this case. She was lied to about the dog’s habit. This is no way, I would suggest OP makes her client pay the full amount for the rug and the couch.
Here’s what the Redditors had to say:
6. Take pictures of all the damages the dog did so you have something to back your demand for reimbursements.
7. OP was lied to and this is entirely unfair to someone you hire to get their services.
8. She specifically requested to let the dog sleep in the living room…Anything that happens from that point on is the client’s responsibility.
9. She must pay whatever it takes to have everything put back into its original position.
10. Make that woman pay for everything in order to let her know lying is not a good habit.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your votes and thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“A Korean family rescued this golden from a breeding facility. Went from 15 lbs to a healthy 60 lbs.”