Age, like people, can catch up with our dogs. Some of them even develop a refined, mature exterior that somehow makes them even cuter than before after many years. Other dogs, on the other hand, are still as lively and youthful as they were when they were puppies. In any event, we still adore our dogs as much as we did when we first brought them home as wide-eyed puppies, if not more. They are something that makes you love them even more day by day.
We care about the needs of dog lovers, we know that they need a dose of doggo cuteness and adorableness often. Therefore, we decided to make a compilation of 21 old dogs with brave yet young hearts who brightened our days even in the darkest situations because we at defused know how essential and special your dog is to you — especially now that you’ve lived so many experiences together.
1. “My grandmother (87) with her newly adopted senior, Peanut (14) on their way home from foster care today!”
2. “Mrs. Jiggles left us yesterday after 14 good years. I will miss her snoring at night.”
3. “Our old lady dog, Molly is 20 years old today!”
4. Meet Fred who just turned 10
5. “My mom’s dachshund, Kenzo will turn 17 in August!”
6. “My 14-year-old man, Chance loves riding in his new wagon.”
7. “Hospice foster, Penny O’Possum (18 years old) keeps the same expression she had when she was still a puppy.”
8. “My golden girl, Lola, just had her sweet 16.”
9. “A 13-year-old good boy — his name is Jake but I call him jelly bean when he curls up like this.”
10. She is completely deaf, but that doesn’t stop her from anything. 100% good girl!”
11. “My old hound dog, Maggie (15), enjoying her last day with us at her favorite spot by the river”
12. “Shadow (14 years old) is my handsome old man. He used to be completely black with a little bit of white.”
13. “The old man, Max just celebrated his nineteenth birthday!”
14. “Celebrating Molly’s sixteenth birthday with a walk to the pier”
15. “7 years ago today I made the best decision of my life and gave Old Man Ted — then 8.5 years old, now 15.5 years old — a forever home with me.”
16. “Old man, Oscar, age 20, crossed the rainbow bridge this morning.”
17. “Cheech is the cutest old woman I know, like a little raccoon. She’s going to be 14 this year, and she’s my oldest furry friend.”
18. “Stubz’s (15) Christmas card photo has been taken! Every year we think it will be his last so I’m always sure to get the best photos of him!”
19. “Today is my dog Tax’s twenty-second birthday! Still truckin’ along!”
20. “Stanley (13) got wonderful news at the vet. He’s in spectacular health and is as happy as can be.”
21. “This is my best girl, Pistol at 4 months, 6 years, and 12 years. She has lived on 9 ranches in 7 states. She’s worked with cattle, sheep, and bison. She’s missing most of her teeth; she never could back down from a fight. She was just diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I don’t know what I’ll do without her!”
Weren’t these the most amazing doggos we ever came across? Share with us your feedback on this one. Stay tuned for more.