Cats and dogs are emotionally polar opposites.
There is no doubt about it. Cats and dogs are very different species from each other. But there are many similarities as well. For example, cats and dogs are the most adopted animals in the world with around 1.8 million adoptions of each animal, so that’s a total of 3.2 million cats and dogs being adopted every single year. Next up, it’s the desire for pets. Both cats and dogs love a nice belly and chin rub. No matter how busy they both are, they will always make time for pets and will let you know they thoroughly enjoyed those. Furthermore, treats! They will always be up for treats and would do anything to get an extra one in the day. And then there are times when both animals decide to perform the role of a perfect companion. They will not move an inch by their owners’ side if they sense something is wrong, they aren’t feeling well, or are stressed. And would often do weird stuff to turn their day around by making them laugh. All in all, cats and dogs are the best there are. One could not adopt a better pet and people love being in their presence.
Given all the similarities, there is a lot more difference between the two animals than it is the same. Reactions! There are certain situations a cat and a dog will never react the same way. Perhaps it’s the fact that the two are arch-nemesis and one doesn’t want to copy the other. A cat is polar opposite to a dog when it comes to reacting in certain situations.
One artist decided to illustrate this phenomenon through their amazing artwork. Today we will be enjoying some of the differences between cats and dogs based on how they react to situations.
Scroll down below to enjoy! The art is really admirable!
1. Dogs are crazy about the outdoors, full of energy, running around enjoying themselves. And cats just love to spend their time fiddling with random stuff.
2. You will always see a dog by its owner no matter what the conditions but a cat is a rather more pampered species.
3. Polar opposite, the two, when it comes to touching. The cat turns into Reed Richards from Fantastic Four every time you try to pick it up.
4. Dogs will sleep in reasonable places, cats will always sleep in the most unreasonable places.
5. No matter how much you offer, a cat will eat based on its mood. Things are very different in case of dogs.
This artwork is literally so accurate. I have never adopted a dog or a cat in my life but I am lover enough and have viewed enough animal content, to declare this is very accurate. And the illustrations look so beautiful. Any cat or dog owners reading this post should mention in the comments if these reactions are right or not. Regardless, of how different they are, in some aspects, we all love them for who they are and will continue cherishing them till we can.
6. When parents come home from work dogs want to hug them. But when the parents of a cat come home from work, they bow down straight to the monarch.
7. They both do open up with time, but one seems to be very specific about how they want things to move forward. And that’s the cat.
8. The cat won’t let you lick it and the dog won’t stop licking you.
9. Everything is owned by the cat. Everything.
10. Dog: “Yay, you’re finally back.” Cat: “What took you so long?”
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
Stay tuned for more.