Ignorance cannot be considered an excuse.
People who take decisions blindly often ignore so many factors that possibly could’ve resulted in that person making an entirely different decision. It’s the ignorance that gets you. Your witty self thinks nothing can go wrong but you only realize your blunders once every single thing goes wrong. As I mentioned above, ignorance is no excuse. If a person isn’t totally active while doing an important thing at hand, at failure they cannot blame anyone else because it was their ignorance that cost them.
One person was in his own world when they, with a full commitment made a purchase with their gift card. But what that person didn’t know was that the card being used was actually a credit card. This story was shared by Reddit user u/RedMirricat who works at a banking call center.
You are going to love this story that is for sure. It is a bit long but the dialogue will certainly keep you engaged. That guy is still paying his credit card dues.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. Long ago, OP worked at a large banking call center.
2. One day DC called the call center and his concerned self had a problem that needed to be resolved.
3. DC received a credit card bill but he said he didn’t owe anything to his bank so OP, with DC’s permission, decided to block his card just in case it was stolen.
4. When OP mentioned the purchases made through the card, DC said he did make them. Confusing!
5. There you have it. DC thought he was using his $10,000 gift card, which he thought he had won, but in reality, he had used his credit card to make all those purchases. What a huge error!
And DC still strongly believes it was his gift card.
6. OP tried to assure that there was a promotional drawing for gift cards but no winner has yet been announced so it is not possible for DC to win one. DC of course then started to curse OP.
7. You can see OP is trying to make the damage as minimal as possible in terms of the owed money but DC still seems to be in his dream world.
8. OP then asked DC to grab the card he used to make the purchase and read what it says.
9. This is when DC realized what a big blunder he had made, hence why he slammed his phone shut.
When the guy checked what was written on his physical card, I am sure the famous meme played in his mind that goes “It was at this moment, he knew he f*cked up!”. My guy really was a strong believer in the fact that he made purchases on a gift card. Unfortunately, he got an injection of $10,000. To be honest though, if you spend that much in such a short period, shouldn’t the bank call you for assurance? Maybe if the bank had called, he would’ve realized it early that he was making his purchases through his credit card. It’s all a big “maybe”.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
10. This person suggests it was all a huge misconception that resulted in DC owing the bank $10,000.
11. When will people understand how to properly use a credit card?
12. Delusional are those people who think clicking “Buy now” and “confirm” doesn’t mean you purchased the item.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more blunders!
“Yesterday my neighbor helped me change the light bulbs in my car. This is him checking if everything is installed correctly.”