Deciding a name for your pet is actually not an easy job.
You will be calling your pet by that name for the rest of their life, so you want their name to be unique. Some people prefer naming their pets according to their personality, while some prefer naming them something that matches their appearance. However, a lot of people choose really generic names for their pets. For example, I have seen countless white pets named “Snowy” or “Cloudy” and grey cats named “Smokey.” You should think out of the box for your special animal friend. People put a lot of thought into naming their own children, so why not do the same for your fur babies?
However, if you’re looking for unconventional and silly names for your pet that will suit them, there is a Twitter account that goes by the name “Petfinder Names” that posts hilarious and unusual names for pets. The account was opened in April 2021, so it is pretty recent. The names are sure to make you giggle, and might even give you some inspiration. Scroll down below to read them and enjoy:
1. This name fits the pattern so well.
2. The name explains his tail.
3. Mr Toast seems tired of life.
27-year-old Jia, the owner of the account, spoke to Bored Panda in an interview, “I started this account as a silly little thing on the side. I spend so much time browsing Petfinder and started to see some hilarious names and I thought they would be fun to share!” “I figured I would get some followers and people who enjoyed it, but it has blown up exponentially! Within this last week, I believe the account has gained 60k+ followers, which is incredible. I love the messages and tags of people saying this is their new favorite account or that it has brought them some joy,” Jea said.
4. What a brilliant name for food lovers.
5. Okay, this is brilliant.
6. This guy means business.
Jea said the weirdest name they have ever heard was Golfball Sized Hail. “But there are too many to count and I’m sure they’ll just keep getting weirder!” they said. “My best advice in finding a unique name would be to literally just start writing down random things you see or identify. for example, my nickname for my cat is Dumptruck, and I intend on naming my next pet Chainsaw.”
7. The little guy does seem like a mosquito. Does it bite?
8. I bet they’ve named all Chihuahuas something deadly.
9. His smirk says it all.
10. I’d rather call him Pawblo Escobar.
11. Uh oh, Spaghetti O!
12. If looks could kill.
13. Does he mow the lawn by eating the grass?
15. I can imagine what he does to other cats.
16. Jake’s sister.
17. Porkchop does not like his tag.
18. Maybe that’s why he is in a cage.
19. Do you see the resemblance?
20. Does he stick to everything?
Wow, people at the vet gave me the looks for naming my kitten “Colonel Meow.” Wait till they hear these names! I am sure you’ve had a good laugh by now. If you haven’t, don’t worry. We aren’t quite done yet. Scroll down below to see more hilariously unusual pet names.
21. Most of our pets are train wrecks.
22. We are now naming them after fonts.
23. Get Chester a job.
24. He looks like he parted his hair.
25. I think all cats are timid ninjas.
26. Fits perfectly.
27. Well, he is big and hairy. Makes sense.
28. Kim Possible.
29. He needs to go on a diet. This can’t be healthy.
30. This is one of my favourites.
31. Is her first name Reese?
32. That actually sounds adorable.
33. We knew this was coming after Times New Roman.
34. I can learn a thing or two from him.
35. Tweezers has seen a lot in life.
36. Lucifer seems like a good name too.
37. Does he pick up his mess?
38. Imagine naming your cat Pizza Hut.
39. Are they related to witches?
40. These fit them so well.
What is your pet’s name? Would you choose any names from above? Let us know in the comments below.