Step relations never reach the level of blood relations.
No matter how hard you try, a stepmom or a stepfather will never love the stepchild more than their biological child or any other relative. It’s just how it is, there will always be a bias and this is a very sad reality. Suppose a person’s wife passes and they marry a second woman. The husband also has a child from the first wife. While getting married, the wife swears to take care of her husband and her family, if any. That family includes the stepson but you will see in almost all the cases, the wife only cares about the husband’s happiness and tries to ignore the stepson as much as possible. So much so, that there are attempts made to separate the child from its father as well.
Today’s story is similar to what I have just stated. OP who had a son married again after his first wife passed. The wife had a daughter as well. The kid had a reserved personality and didn’t like talking much and his stepmom and stepsister would always force him to socialize which he didn’t like. The husband, to showcase his love, deiced to throw a mother’s day party for his wife but things took a bad turn once he came to know what was going on in the house, and his wife and his stepdaughter were trying to negatively damage his son’s mental capacity.
The rest, you can read by scrolling below as OP posted his story mentioning all the details down below.
1. This one is going to depend on what the mother told her son. Let’s begin with the investigation, Sherlocks!
2. OP has a mixed family that includes his son from his first wife, second wife, and stepdaughter.
3. So OP’s son seems like an introvert who doesn’t like being forced into social setups. Very natural, introverts are humans too.
4. The kid complained to his father about the mother and stepsister forcing him out of his comfort zone and demanded an apology.
I am not so sure as to why the kid would demand an apology. I mean, asking his father to request them to not bother him would’ve been enough don’t you think? Well, we will have to wait and see what happens next for more clarity on the matter.
5. Okay, this is an interesting switch. We are now moving towards a mother’s day party that the husband is throwing for his wife but apparently she already knows about it thanks to the stepdaughter.
6. That is actually very sweet of the husband to put that much effort into the party. Mothers do deserve appreciation.
I feel like there is a twist coming.
7. Hold on a minute, now that is a massive twist in the tale. The mother doesn’t want her stepson to come to the mother’s day party and the dad is hearing it all.
8. This is absurd. She is literally forcing an introvert to alter their personality just because her family would feel uncomfortable? He’s just a kid, what damage is he going to cause to your party. She doesn’t deserve this love from her husband.
9. Telling your stepson that you are not his mother takes all rights of motherhood away from you, woman.
Thank God the husband came back home at the right time and heard the entire conversation with his own ears. Had he not been there and the son had told him about the matter, it wouldn’t have been as convincing as the mother’s day party would’ve been around the corner and the stepwife would’ve just used the “charm” to blind him and she would’ve easily convinced him that she was not an abuser. I know the story is not over yet but I am going to decare the father as an NTA. That woman deserves no love or efforts made for her. She is a child abuser for saying what she said to her stepson and the stepdaughter is an equal culprit in this. Step relatives always show their true colors one way or the other.
10. Wow, she had the audacity to ask why the event was canceled after all she just did.
11. I am sorry, Mam. But none of that trickery is going to work because your husband heard each and every word of that conversation.
12. Ah, this just goes on to show that she only cares about her family and her own ego. The ego is definitely going to get damaged, that’s for sure.
Tremendous mistake? My ass.
13. OP shouldn’t call her anymore. Like fine, he tried a couple of calls and texts. She didn’t respond so let that b*tch be.
14. What she said to your son was harsh, rude, and inappropriate. Such conversations can damage the victim’s mental health. OP would’ve been in the wrong had you heard the entire conversation and still went on with the mother’s day party. That woman has no mother-like qualities.
Here’s what the Redditors had to say on the matter:
15. This person believes they had been torturing the kid slowly and slowly over time.
16. No room can be given to the wife in this situation. She did wrong.
17. OP’s son is naturally quiet so he will never speak up himself. The father needs to give his kid more time, and feed confidence into him so he can share his life experiences and tell his condition.
Now it is your turn to vote. What do you think about the story? Share your votes and thoughts in the comments section down below.
We hope you guys enjoyed this one. Stay tuned for more family dramas like this one.