If someone loses their hair in chemotherapy and chooses to wear a wig, respect their choice.
You have to be very kind and empathetic to offer someone your house for living. It’s nice as long as they take it as kindness and not an invitation to disrespect your family and invade your privacy. Today, we have a story of a Redditor who offered his sister and teenage nieces to move to his house after they lost their house. OP’s wife is a cancer patient and lost a lot of hair due to chemotherapy. She feels insecure due to her hair loss and wears a wig.
OP’s nieces kept insisting his wife to see her without her wig but she refused. They kept making disrespectful remarks about her wig. One day, when OP was not home, his nieces hid his wife’s wig and urged her to come out so that they can see her. They were even recording it and kept laughing at it. OP’s wife locked herself inside her bedroom. OP found her crying and asked her about the situation. Scroll down to read what OP did next.
1. OP’s wife is a cancer patient who wears a wig because she is incredibly insecure about her hair loss. OP’s sister and nieces moved to his place a month ago.
2. OP’s nieces wanted to see his wife without a wig but she refused so they hid her wig and urged her to come out of the room without it. She locked herself in the room.
3. OP decided to evict his sister and nieces. They kept begging him to change his mind.
It takes a man to take a stand for his wife and go against his family (the ones in the wrong). Most of the times people do not take a stand. In fact, make their wives do what their families want. We really appreciate OP for standing up for his wife and making the right decision at the right time. It’s better to evict these bullies than to let them stay with your wife. They will say “sorry” now but will keep on taunting and humiliating your wife. OP’s sister and nieces should have been more empathetic towards her as she is a cancer patient and they should respect her choice of wearing a wig. No one has the right to ridicule a cancer patient for wearing a wig.
4. OP’s nieces were trying to humiliate his wife by recording it.
5. What kind of a prank it was that made the wife cry instead of laughing?
6. This incident has made OP’s wife more insecure about her hair loss.
7. These teens knew what they were doing and their mother was equally involved in disrespecting OP’s wife.
8. This is not a typical teenager behavior and OP’s father is normalizing this behavior by saying “it’s a typical teenager behavior”.
9. OP and his wife were kind enough to offer their house to three people but they humiliated and disrespected them.
We believe this prank would not have only hurt his wife but it can also traumatize her for a very long time. OP’s sister and his nieces have proved to be disgusting. We are with OP in this decision. OP is NTA but his evil sister and nieces are the real AHs. What do you guys think about it? Is OP the AH or NTA? Comment down to let us know your thoughts.