Ever heard of a sweet beast?
Kinda sounds like an oxymoron but it is very true when you talk about the famous Irish Wolfhounds. The Irish wolfhound is a breed from Ireland as the name suggests. You can’t help but notice an Irish Wolfhound from miles away because of its huge size. If you judge them by their looks they do look very scary. But in reality, it is the exact opposite. You know how we spot a wild animal every now and then and feel the urge to pet them but then there’s this fear that the animal may attack. That is not the case here. Irish Wolfhounds are known to be very sweet actually. They are very well known for being extremely patient, loving, caring, loyal, and generous. The reason why most of us are unaware of this is because of their size and weight. A male Irish Wolfhound weighs at least 120 pounds and they’re about 3 feet tall at the very least. Who wouldn’t be scared of that? Not going to lie to you guys but I even I was extremely scared of tall and big dogs. I don’t know, I could never get myself to pet one. But only recently I have realized that all of that doesn’t matter. One drop of pure love, that’s what every dog requires.
And today we are here to prove that these dogs who physically look like beasts are actually one of the sweetest dog breeds in the whole world.
Ready? Scroll down below to enjoy.
1. Told you! They love cuddles and only cuddles.
2. They don’t care about space or time. They are always up for snuggles…
3. Here’s an Irish Wolfhound standing next to a very small horse.
Via Allan Hutchings
4. Oh and yes, they take up a lot of space and if you have other pets, they may not like it
Just to give you a perspective, when an Irish Wolfhound stands up on its legs, it can go as high as 7 feet. Imagine a 7 feet tall cute monster look down at you. Absolutely amazing!
5. See, they are just like any other dog breed.
6. Just a wolfhound rolling in the streets.
7. That tale is longer than the average life expectancy in my country.
8. Pure happiness…
Via Torben Ager
9. They do have a special spot for grandmas.
10. How many times do you think this dog brushes its teeth in a day?
11. This doggo looks so cute trying to fir in that tiny seat.
12. Do you not know how to knock, you well-groomed human?
13. Who needs a pillow when you’ve got an Irish Wolfhound in the house.
14. No Grandmas are safe from an Irish Wolfhound’s love.
15. Dad, I can’t fit in here. Buy a truck.
16. The couch has been successfully conquered.
17. Now that is a tall dog.
18. Here’s an Irish Wolfhound proving to us that friends come in all shapes and sizes.
19. An Irish Wolfhound greeting a 6-week-old Shiba Inu.
20. Please put me down, Dad. The machine may break and your arm muscles may cramp up.
21. I absolutely love these perspective shots.
22. Come on boys, no need to worry. I got you safe.
23. When Dad tricks you into getting in the car by promising McNuggets on their way back, but you see him drive right past the last McDonald’s
24. Oh my god, that is so adorable.
25. When you buy a bed one size too small because you’re self-conscious about your size. We still love you, doggo.
So if I was to ask you about your fear of big, tall dogs, how much would you rate it on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being ‘No Fear’ and 10 being ‘I’m still petrified of them’. I told you guys they are one of the sweetest animals out there. They love making friends are extremely patient when it comes to forming relationships. They don’t consider violence as a solution.
Such a polite dog breed. I love Irish Wolfhounds and I would love to high-five one someday. For now, scroll down below to look at some more adorable Irish Wolfhounds showing that they are not scary at all.
26. No one, I repeat, no one is more loyal than a dog.
27. What’s the password? “Irish Wolfhounds are the best?” Welcome aboard!
28. Zoom in for a surprise!
29. All tucked-in boys? Let’s show you what a real run looks like
30. Here’s an image from 1974 of a woman sitting next to her Irish Wolfhound.
Goes on to show they’ve always been a lovely creature and they react the way how you act with them.
31. When Mommy comes home after a long day at work.
32. So…who’s copying who?
33. Wolfhound: “Look it’s simple just get on your legs and you can see everything.” Tiny pupper: “Haha! Very funny!
34. No the other dogs are not growing small. The wolfhound is growing bigger and bigger.
And it is yet to reach its full size.
35. No Mommy, we were definitely not going to raid the fridge.
36. “You got some treats?”
37. When you want to fly like the Supergirl but all you’ve got is an Irish Wolfhound. Good luck little girl!
38. His and Hers!
39. An Irish Wolfhound hugging its 6-feet tall owner.
40. Two different emotions in a single picture…
41. Just a cute Irish Wolfhound playing with its legs in the fields.
42. The Kitty probably thinks that dog could swallow it in a millisecond and no one would ever know.
43. Does anyone have some glue? We’ve got a broken wolfhound here…
44. Be ready comrades…winter is coming.
45. Wolfhound: “Yes, I really am a dog.”
46. Looks like dinner is almost ready.
47. Okay, I have a lot of questions…
48. They too have a thing for stuffed toys.
49. When you request Mommy for an extra hour of playtime but now you have no energy left.
50. My bones hurt looking at this picture.
We should never judge a book by its cover. What a lovely dog. I swear it has a spot in my Top 5 favorite dogs from this day onwards. Such an adorable animal who deserves nothing but unlimited love and affection.
I really hope you guys had a great time viewing these amazing pictures of Irish Wolfhounds. Feel free to share how you guys felt in the comments section down below.