Cats have been part of our history for a very very long time.
If you think you know everything about cats and all of their history, think again. They’re not our yesterday’s fluffballs that we cannot resist adopting. They go way way way back. Like great grandfathers of the forefathers back.
An article I previously wrote was about kitty cats enjoying their time during the Rennaisance Era of Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries was about Egyptians. They believed that cats were magical creatures that brought them good luck. Cats were so special to them that whoever killed one would straight away be sentenced to death. Cats have got their paw prints all over our history and the world map as well. There are cats everywhere in the world now.
Cats are very adventurous creatures. They love new things, they love to experiment, and they love to travel (not the lazy ones, of course). This Twitter thread made by a user @Manglewood, shows us cats from the 1940s chilling in their hammocks, in naval ships along with the crew members. This is so cool. They’re chilling with the navy in their ships during World War II as if all is well. We just love cats!
Let’s have a look at this thread of kitty cats having a good time in naval ships.
More Information: | Twitter |
1. This is gonna be fun
2. Thomas, the ship’s cat, got the first-class seat in the house.
3. He looks so comfy abroad.
4. And the crew seems to love their presence at the ship
5. It’s WWII going on and the kitten can’t give two sh*ts!
6. Got them paw prints all the way back in 1941 as well.
They’re not just any kittens having a nice day on those ships, they are proper mascots who will give their lives for the country…right, kitties? Or did I go a little off the board?
Anyways, in no way am I bribed by these kitties to say sweet things about them. Regardless of the jokes, it’s really cool to see the involvement of cats in our history.
Let’s take a look at some more mascots assisting their human navy buddies.
7. Kitten be like, “It’s okay buddy, you can sleep. I’ll wake you up as soon as I smell the supervisor.”
8. Blankets on, chillin’ in the hammock. A perfect sea journey for this tiny little mascot.
9. “Hey everyone! I can see y’all. Do your work properly.”
10. Just a little kitty minding its own business
11. Best buddies on a sleepover
12. “Thomas asleep soundly in his comfortable hammock, dreaming, no doubt, about his wives in Malta, Gib, and Portsmouth.”
This was a really fun Twitter thread to read through. I really love that picture of a cat looking out for his buddy who is sleeping right next to him on the floor. Or maybe that’s the scenario I’ve created. But, it really does make me feel that caring cats have always existed, and wild cats exist only as a result of no affection, or trust.
What a great tour through history. We hope you guys enjoyed this as much as we did. What are your thoughts about kitty cats leaving paw prints throughout our history? Will it appear on our educational history books someday? Feel free to share your thoughts about the article in the comments down below.
Stay tuned for more goodness!