Taking care of a child is difficult, especially if you are not prepared to do so. After her father’s divorce from his wife, a twenty-six-year-old lady recently described on Reddit how she dealt with an eight-year-old sibling she was entrusted to look after. Her strategy, however, was not well received by her close pal. The OP (original poster) stated that her sister suffered from anxiousness and found it difficult to go asleep at night. To help her younger sister sleep on her own, OP bought a plush animal with a heartbeat so that she would feel safe and secure. Actually, it worked. However, when OP discussed it with her buddy, she made it apparent that she disagreed. OP shouldn’t have given her little sister something suited for puppies, according to her buddy, because marketed toy animals were aimed at canines.
Following is the story by OP in her own words where she asks the Reddit community if she is an a-hole for bringing her sister a stuffed puppy toy marketed for dogs? Don’t forget to read the comments of the Redditors.
1. OP has a sister who she was taking care of when her father lost custody to them, she had anxiety issues
2. She got herself a stuffed puppy that had a heartbeat, her sister loved sleeping with him as it calmed her down
3. When her friend told her about her toddler problem, OP suggested her the stuffed puppy but she looked at her like she was crazy as it was for dogs
4. Her opinion was different and she suggested taking the toy from her. Now OP asks if that’s such a big deal
OP’s tale has gotten 6.3K upvotes, and nearly a thousand Redditors have come to show that OP isn’t a jerk. While a product is frequently targeted towards one (or more) specific group(s), this does not exclude untargeted customers from purchasing the product if there is a demand for it.
5. Exactly, whatever is not harming children is good for them no matter what the purpose
It is safe for children if it is safe for dogs. And, according to OP, it worked with her younger sister. Was there any reason why you shouldn’t buy it? She was an excellent sister.
6. Nobody should care what the toy is marked for
7. Absolutely agreed
8. Her friend is absolutely an idiot who is not caring for the child’s trauma and states useless things
The friend seemed to be judgy this time.
9. A m*ron she is, as stated by the community
10. Judgments should be kept aside
Here’s how the internet reacted to the article. Please join the conversation by leaving a comment if you have any thoughts!
11. You do what you can to work with kids. End of story
13. This one had made some sensible points everyone should read
So, what are your views on this story? Do you think that OP did the right thing? Well, that’s absolutely clear. Let’s get your feedback in the comments. Stick around for more articles.