Pregnancy is a process that makes a woman go through 1000s of mood swings on a daily basis. In one moment she would be the happiest, enjoying everything happening around her, and the very next moment she would get agitated by the sound of the wind coming from the window. That is how specific and challenging at times, for the people around, these mood swings can be.
Shifting the mood is one thing but being too demanding about every single thing that sort of counts as a drama or the woman taking advantage of her pregnancy. It is not possible that you don’t like anything being presented to you and always demand an alternative or something different…or just make too many demands altogether. Fine, it may make sense if the demands are being made by the mother of the child to the father of the child, but if you are making outrageous demands to be fulfilled by someone other than your man, then there is a problem.
In today’s story, Reddit user u/Dinnertime78 shared her SIL’s child’s father was never in the picture so she moved in with OP and her husband. She was 6 months pregnant and at a high risk so they took good care of her and paid for all her expenses. She, however, kept being super demanding and would always dislike anything OP would cook for her. Instead, she would want something different. The volume of demands kept increasing until finally, OP decided to shut her SIL up by making her realize they are not her child’s father who she should actually be making the demands.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. A family drama over pregnancy…Let’s see how it goes.
2. OP’s SIL moved in with her and her husband and is 6 months pregnant.
3. OP and SIL had never been on good terms but she kept her grudges aside for her husband.
4. They have decided to take care of SIL’s all expenses and keep her as relaxed as possible through her last few high-risk pregnancy months.
5. The family follows a healthy lifestyle and tries to say away from junk food as much as possible. That’s nice and rare.
6. It’s not like they don’t eat junk food at all but they have defined very clear limits about it.
7. SIL, though, has been requested all sorts of that food as her pregnancy makes her crave junk food.
8. OP does not want to spend so much on SIL’s food cravings because they live with a controlled budget and she is worried her kids would get sad about SIL getting all the junk food but them getting none of it.
I do not approve of this behavior by the pregnant SIL. I mean sure you are at high risk and all and your brother is paying for all your expenses, you should have the heart to not take advantage of it. OP and her husband gave her their finger and she now trying to grab their whole arm. Sorry, ma’am. But courtesy does not work that way. If you keep doing that, OP who is already not on good terms with will show you the way.
Let’s see what happened next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
9. SIL’s demands just kept increasing.
10. She’d always hate the food OP would cook and would always demand something different.
11. OP finally reached her breaking point and slammed her SIL for being too demanding.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
12. I hope she stops being a choosing beggar after this confrontation.
13. This is something OP and her husband should be concerned about. If she delivers her baby while she still lives in their house, she is not going to leave.
14. If she has special demands, she is free to make her own dime and fulfill them.
15. On one hand she is his sister, on the other hand, it’s his family’s values and norms. Not easy.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My dad and his best buddy.”