The decision to have a baby is a big one. It’s because you are bringing a new living being into the world that the parents would be entirely responsible for. And parenting is a very challenging responsibility. It requires both the male and the female in a relationship to work together in order to be successful parents and keep the challenges minimized.
The thing about having babies is you sometimes have them without wanting them. Accidental pregnancy is a thing and couples go for many options after it happens. They either decide to keep the baby or go for an abortion. Their decision, if it is mutual, should be respected. But if one party decides to escape the scene as if they don’t own that baby, then it is extremely unfair to the other party as well as the baby.
In today’s story, that is exactly what happened. A couple in love decided to do the deed and agreed in advance that if the woman got pregnant, she would not abort the baby. And she ended up getting pregnant. Any_Care4207 shared she had a little baby girl and the father just aborted the scene as if was never part of the process. All he did was pay minimal child support and never got involved in the upbringing of his daughter. He ended up getting married to another woman who turned out to be infertile. That is when he tried to return to OP’s and his daughter’s life because he wanted to enjoy the feeling of being a Dad.
That is when OP decided to tell the whole truth to her daughter and left the decision entirely upon her whether she wanted her father to be in her life or not. The girl refused and the father got informed about her decision. It obviously made him angry so OP asked the members of the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” if what she did was right or not.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. Truth is always bitter but it must always be told.
2. OP got pregnant at a young age and both parties mutually agreed on the “no abortion” policy.
3. But when OP did get pregnant, the guy just took all hands off and ran away from responsibilities. All he did was pay a minimal child support amount and that is all.
4. That is the spirit we all need.
5. After knowing his wife is infertile, the guy contacted OP in order to be in his daughter’s life.
The same daughter he didn’t even own when she got born.
6. OP performed all duties of a mother but that didn’t do anything for “his” daughter to be called her father. He doesn’t deserve her.
7. Of course he was going to get mad after getting hit with reality. He only came back because he couldn’t make babies with his wife.
8. The daughter fully deserved to know this.
9. I love that OP told her she would respect whatever decision her daughter would take. The little one chose not to know her father.
10. Blame shifting! They always do that.
11. Poisoned his image? She only stated facts.
OP was NTA. It was important to get the daughter involved as it would’ve been unfair both to her and the husband if no one got to know what she wanted. I am glad that the girl made her decision independently and didn’t want her father to be a part of her and her mother’s life. And her decision is final. All I would suggest to OP is she should get the legal matter regarding custody resolved as quickly as possible.
12. Keeping her daughter in the shadows would’ve been wrong too.
13. He created a cloud of lies and it deceived OP, unfortunately.
14. I like the way OP has interpreted the entire situation.
15. If it is to happen, it will always happen.
16. It most certainly was OP’s choice to have the baby. No one could’ve changed that decision.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
17. OP should secure the case on legal ends.
18. You cannot change your decisions just because you think you can. Especially decisions related to families.
19. The fact that he thought OP would easily let him back in is hilarious.
20. Harsh but true.
21. They were basically going to use the daughter and that is all.
22. He would’ve never reached out to OP, I am willing to bet on this.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your votes and thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“This is Benji, my friend’s toothless rescue. His smiles are the best!”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings