We can’t have everything perfect now, can we?
Where it is good, there is bad. Where there is happiness, there is also sadness. So there are pros and cons to everything, especially having a cat. You will see the rollercoaster of a ride that you will have with your fur baby once you adopt them. A cat’s life is not easy, especially if it is a rescue cat. It has gone through a lot of trauma and takes its time to trust humans again. But when it finally does, that moment brings pure joy to the owner. Some other pros of having a cat are free cuddles, having a best friend who will love you unconditionally, and having a listener who would hear you rant about your problems every day without complaining about it. After the end of a tiring day at work, all you want to do is cuddle up with your cat and sleep. That is also pure and blissful joy.
How do they bring us sorrow, you ask? Well, cats are just like babies. They can fall ill sometimes and that can cause a lot of stress for the owner. Obviously, your child is sick and you are trying your best to make sure they get better but it does affect you negatively as there is a fear of losing them. Cats do not live as long as humans do. So most of us will out-live our cats. This means that one day we will have to let them go and that is one of the biggest sorrows of having a cat. If you want to see this illustrated in pictures, scroll down below to see 23 photos that show us the joys and sorrows of having a cat:
1. Just a small human.
2. A rescued kitten a year later.
3. This cat took her last walk over the rainbow bridge.
4. After taking a short nap, Klaus lost his manhood.
5. This oddball won’t stop yelling until she joins her owner in the bathtub.
6. 18-year-old Oscar experienced his first relocation, which was across the country.
7. This cat used to be a stray found at a gas station.
8. Gary napping in his spaceship.
9. Dora has been with her owner for 12 years. She has passed away.
10. One morning, these kitties were found in a garden.
Losing your cat is not easy. It is like losing a piece of your heart. This is why we should cherish each and every moment that we spend with them. Capture these moments in photos and videos, and live life to the fullest while we still can. You never know what tomorrow might bring. We’re only halfway through, keep scrolling for more pictures:
11. This handsome and gentle cat has passed away.
12. Melvin died in the middle of the night. His owner embraced him tight when he left this world.
13. A pretty transformation.
14. Does this cat think he’s on the beach?
15. Seven years ago the mom in this family didn’t want a cat.
16. At the vet, and the cat is a bit scared.
17. Buggy passed away at 17.
18. Gimmie that hand hooman.
19. The local beach cat went basking with him under the Corfu sun.
20. Snoopy passed away at 14.
21. This Maine Coon is her snuggle bunny.
22. Mochi showing off her cute scarf.
23. Honey was with her owner for 15 years.
What is the biggest joy and sorrow that your cat gave you? Share your experiences with us in the comments below.