Cats can be very weird at times and there is no doubt about that.
Sure, they are fluffy, affectionate and cuddly, but you can not control them in their zoomies. They will end up in the weirdest places. Cats are silly creatures. Have you ever seen them sleep? Sometimes they sleep with two legs over their head or a position that you can’t even explain to others. There is no logic behind a cat’s actions. They do what they want, whenever they want and there is no one that can question them. When cats are playful, they are the most entertaining creatures to have around. They will run around the house causing chaos but also making you laugh. It is the best kind of laughter therapy that you can have. Cats really brighten up our mood.
You’ve heard of “Where’s Waldo” right? Have you heard of “Where’s Catto?” You probably haven’t. Sometimes you will look around your entire house calling out for your cat and you can’t find them anywhere. This is when you will have to get your Sherlock Holmes mode on and try to find them in the most unusual places. And trust me, when you do find them, you will burst out with laughter thinking “How did they end up here?!” If you have never witnessed that with your cat, here are some people that shared the weirdest places they found their cats in:
1. Just hanging around.
2. Kitty hanger warfare.
3. The hidden like to stay hidden.
4. He knows his way.
5. Demon kitty.
6. “My parents’ cat destroyed bathroom’s door vents so he could spy while we pee.”
7. The sneakiest cat.
8. Lock-pick master.
9. “I finally figured out where Tank the cat has been hiding. I only saw him because a bird chirped on tv and he stuck his head up slightly. Who sees him?”
10. “Finally found my cat”
11. Would do anything for food.
12. “This cat inside of a couch”
13.”Found my cat after hours of search my house”
14. “Stuck in the middle”
15. My cat got stuck in the wall on Christmas day.
16. Poor catto.
17. Opened the cabinet to get a glass and nearly jumped out of my skin.
19. “If I dont move they can’t see me”
20. “Found my cat chillin in the garbage can”
21. “My cat climbed inside the bird feeder (2 meters tall) , because she saw bird flying there”
There is, however, some explanations as to why cats hide in these small and unusual places.
“Being both predators and prey, enclosed spaces provide a place to hide and keep safe, and are perfect for ambushing unsuspecting prey,” Lucy Hoile, a Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB) told Bored Panda. Basically, cats prefer hiding in small places which makes them feel safe and also happier. It could be a small cat house or even their favourite, a cardboard box.
“They needn’t be expensive, many cats prefer a cardboard box over a conventional cat house. Provide the right size for your cat to fit snuggly inside, make sure it is easily accessible and there are enough to go around if there is more than one cat,” Hoile said. Getting your cat some toys will also help them use up their energy and not destroy your furniture. Toys like cat trees or scratch posts can prove to be very useful. “A cat’s territory incorporates all three dimensions and if they can access the space up high (by any means possible), they will,” Hoile added.
“Being up high means they can survey their territory from the safest point. Providing tall cat furniture will encourage them to do this appropriately instead of the scaling curtains and bookcases.”
22. “My cat always sits like this when I’m in the shower.”
23. “Giant creature trapped inside someone’s home, or a doll house with a curious visitor? You decide.”
24. This is her crown.
25. Oh! Hi there.
26. It’s free real estate for them.
27. “Kuro found a hiding spot from which to be adorable”
28. My cat got stuck today.
29. How I noticed that my cat was stuck in the attic.
30. Dad started putting in a new toilet. Walked away for a few minutes and came back to this.
31. “This is how my friend found the cat in the bathroom”
32. A bat.
33. Stuck in food.
34. It’s his cat-cave.
36. “Fur ball, corner pocket.”
37. “Over the last week our kitten has discovered she can climb”
38. I’ll let the picture explain itself.
40. “Couldn’t find my cat… heard some rustling inside my desk, opened the drawer and voila. Found kitty”
41. “Thought my cat went missing. Found out he made himself a personal hammock out of our couch”
42. “Looked for my cat all morning and this is where I finally found her”
43. A cat’s favourite place.
44. How I left him vs how I found him.
45. It’s a ghost.
46. It’s trapped.
47. There’s no cat here.
48. A new home.
What was the weirdest place you have found your cat in? Were you surprised seeing them there? Share your cat stories with us in the comments below.