There is no greater joy than being a cat owner, as we have previously stated, and will do so once more. Cats are very amusing, intelligent, intuitive, and affectionate. Friends, that’s exactly why we adore them, when they’re not participating in naughty deeds, they’re probably knocking things off tables. They certainly need a lot of care and attention, but we are more than delighted to provide it since they reciprocate. They show us how much they love us in a number of ways, such as bunting and rubbing their soft tiny faces on our feet, baring their fluffy little bellies, and our favorite giving us gifts.
Let us just say that the responses did not disappoint when we recently asked our ICanHasCheezburger group on Facebook what the funniest gift their cats had ever delivered them was. The comments and stories of their animals and their proudest season’s catches quickly poured in from other cat lovers. Check it out for yourself; we hope you like it!
1. “One night, Pika left a mint under my blanket. She even unwrapped it for me Her usual gifts are garlic, hot pepper and her toys. She usually leaves them at night, for me to find in the morning”
2. “To this day I still don’t know where Jackson the thief got this from.”
3. “My kitten “hunts” ribbons, bows, gift cards, and yarn. She meows all the way into whichever room and spits it at your feet like “look what i killed for you!”
4. “I was running up and down the stairs all day taking items into storage. I sat just long enough to have a coffee and went to take the next load to the car. Ellie, our youngest little fur ball decided I needed extra support in my shoe.”
5. “My cat, Zoe, plays fetch and will bring her toys to you to throw. She’s very chatty while doing so…just recently she came up three flights of stairs making her usual sounds but when she got to my side of the bed, she spit out a giant spider that was very much alive.”
6. “My cat, Lemur, plays catch. She brings us her crinkle toy and we throw it. She’ll run after it, bat it around, then carry it back and drop it next to us to pick up and repeat. One morning she dropped her “toy” on the bed next to my husband and he reached down to pick it up and toss it for her. But this time it wasn’t a crinkle toy, it was a dead mouse! He felt the warm, squishy thing and shrieked like a 5 year old girl. I couldn’t stop laughing as he yelled for me to come get it”
7. “My boy, Shadow, brought my husband a bird he found frozen outside. He’s such a sweet boy.”
8. “A leaf, and he was so dawn proud of it.”
10. “We use tennis balls in the dryer, which is in the basement. She carried it up 2 flights of stairs.”
11. “Since I moved in with my brother to get myself together from starting over from ending a 10yr relationship,my fur niece Penelope has really taken to me and loves giving me acorns lol. She puts them in my bed and sits there so happy she did it lol. Or she like to put them in my work luck bag or my shoes. She absolutely loves giving them as gifts and keeping a secret stash in my closet”
12. “Our lad, Alfie went through a stage not long ago of bringing home long strips of silicon that looked like they came from someone’s windows…… we never did find out if anyone had theirs fall out”
13. “A panda. Pippa once brought me a panda. I do miss my little panther”
14. “Doll clothes”
15. “My cat stole a fabric and plastic bunny “piggy bank”/”purse” thing with change in it out of my brother’s room and brought it to me. Of note, he has no idea where it was in the room and we’d just moved in, so she dug it out of some box he had.”
16. “Our first cat Vegeta brought me the sponge from our kitchen sink when he was a kitten. I miss that Lil weirdo.”
17. “I think it’s a southern ring-neck snake. Just a baby and thankfully already dead when Tomos dragged it in”
Share your feedback with us.