There’s this outdated idea that men are breadwinners. However, in today’s rapidly progressing and enabling society, where gender equality is regarded as one of the most important values, this is becoming a thing of the past.
However, according to University of Bath research, husbands are least stressed when their wives earn up to 40% of household income, but they become increasingly uncomfortable as their spouse’s wages rise above that spot, and they are most stressed when they are completely totally reliant on their partner. In other words, they are unhappy if their female partner earns more than they do.
This story from the AITA subreddit is an example of this theory in action. “While I struggle with money and have to borrow from the joint bank account, my wife never has this problem,” an anonymous husband using the handle TAwifework35 recently wrote.
What irritates him the most is returning to work only to find his wife “chilling (watching TV, playing video games, reading, or exercising) or shopping or in the gym.” He faced her with a demand that people say is simply delusional, fed up with her “wasting her day.”
What are you waiting for? Keep on scrolling down below to go into more details and see what really happened here. Don’t forget to watch it till the end.
1. Seems like a workaholic female
2. Let’s see what’s bothering him
3. Somethings needs to be private
4. Here’s the deal
5. Man you have a descent wife
6. Life is not meant to be same for everyone
7. She is hundred percent right
8. What is your problem dude? Why do you want her to be busy and exhausted just like you?
9. She is already working and earning handsome amount
10. Let her do what she wants man
Whereas people had to say this
11. Exactly right, not everyone’s life is the same, OP needs to understand this and it’s not her wife fault.
12. Do you really feel jealous OP?
13. Plan that needs to be executed asap
14. Do you also think OP is an A-hole?
15. She don’t deserve to be treated like this
16. Seems like an ego issue, what do you think folks?
17. She can do whatever she wants in her time off
18. I really don’t understand if she’s enjoying in her free time let her man
19. Clearly yeah, she’s not wasting her day.
21. OP you didn’t have any right to say her that she has to get a different job
22. This dude seems really serious about this
23. Point to be noted
It’s clearly and totally inappropriate of OP to tell her wife that she needs to change her job. Who would want her wife to be stressed and exhausted due to work? She completes her chores and earns more than OP what’s the problem with that? OP should realize his mistake and we hope it all gets fine.
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below. Don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!.