When the chapter of parenting starts in your life, all the attention gets grabbed by your little one. A divide forms in your perfect social life as you now have to take care of the creature you gave birth to and it really is a very challenging process, to be a parent.
It is funny that once you become a parent, meeting up with friends who are yet to have babies really makes you feel either you are from another planet or they are. Although socializing takes a big hit when your child becomes your main duty, you still shouldn’t eliminate it completely from your life because it is extremely import for you to maintain your confidence and give yourself some quality time to spend with your favorites.
So even if your friend has had a baby, it does not mean you should stop meeting them or stop socializing with that friend who is now a parent.
If a meeting isn’t possible at one’s or the other’s house, with a little bit of planning done ahead of time can result in a quality meetup at a restaurant a park.
In today’s story we have a nother who just gave birth and is now a bit angry that her friend is not showing any interesting in meeting her just because she is now a mom. Her social circle is getting smaller due to this reason as well.
The mom took the matter to the infamous subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” to ask if she was wrong or not for snapping at her friend for ditching her just because she has a child.
Scroll down below to read what happened!
1. Ever since OP got pregnant her social circle kept getting smaller but her best friend always sided with her.
2. But with time her best friend also wouldn’t accept her invites to come over.
3. So this is why she is not coming over. Mia didn’t like the fact there is a baby in OP’s house. The baby is why she has stopped coming over.
4. This behavior of her best friend start to infuriate OP a bit as Mia would everything everywhere but not at OP’s place.
5. OP had had enough and shouted on Mia when the two finally met. That is when Mia finally spoke the truth about her not liking the fact that her best friend is now a mother.
6. OP got told to transfer the responsibilities of Ciara to her husband sometimes so they can go out and spend quality time together. OP got angrier and and kicked Mia out of her house.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
7. Naturally no friend likes come over and see a kid around every time.
8. Mia asked OP to go out and OP is the one who actually ditched the plan.
9. When there’s a kid around, all conversation automatically gets focused around that kid. This can get unbearable.
Things change when you become a parent but it is all up to you how you manage yourself as a parent. If you reject all outdoor social meetings with your friends because you have to take care of your baby, you are doing something wrong. And that’s what OP has been doing.
10. It must not go ignored that parenting is not an easy job.
11. OP’s friends should not change their ways and routines because she has had a baby.
Via Throwawaycarstore, BitAltruistic2105
13. Yeah seriously, where even is her partner. What is his stance on this?
Via Horror-Craft-4394, DaylightMaybe
14. OP, just because your life has changed doesn’t mean your friends should adjust their lives accordingly.
15. Mia was willing to make OP part of her plan.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via Kat Shaw
“One man’s pile of building sand is another puppy’s ultimate playground.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings