When will people learn to mind their own business?
It really isn’t a tough thing to do. If a person decides to mind their own business, they basically wouldn’t have anyone intervene in their personal business (by business we are referring to life), and that would lead to a beautiful path straight from the bottom to top without any hurdles or breaks. But, we are human beings. We don’t want to drive on a straight, clean road. We prefer a bumpy track with loads of cracks and traffic. For some reason, people just cannot live without taunting others about something they believe is wrong. The other may seem perfectly fine with whatever it is, but just because someone doesn’t want you to be in that position, they will try their best to make sure you don’t remain in that position.
Today’s story is about an office situation where an employee didn’t really like what their woman co-worker was wearing and had the audacity to object to it. The woman was told she had “barely any clothes” on. Unfortunately for this dumb employee who chose to not mind their own business got slammed right back in their spot, where they belonged.
Scroll down below to read through how people who poke noses in everyone else’s businesses except their own get dealt with.
1. If a company doesn’t have a dress code and everyone does dress casually, as OP said, then no sort of apparel should be a problem.
2. But apparently Mr. Brian over here had some serious issues with OP’s top that wasn’t covering her shoulders.
3. Check out the audacity of Brian who said OP isn’t wearing enough clothes. He says this while wearing shorts and no slippers. So much for that “revealing outfit” argument.
4. OP literally tore up Brian’s self-proclaimed superiority into pieces and handed them to him.
5. In other words, he realized it is not okay to pole your nose in anyone else’s business.
6. He started it, you only responded and you did it right.
This is precisely what happens when you try to argue but your own existence conflicts with the very argument you are trying t make. I believe it is safe to say Mr. Brian won’t be trying to shame anyone for what they wear now. He really did tell OP to cover herself up when he himself had shorts on and wasn’t wearing any shoes or slippers. Misogyny at its peak. I would say OP is totally in the clear and was NTA for dressing the way she wanted to. If everyone else can where whatever the heck they want, why can’t she, right? Hate these double standards.
Here’s what the community declared OP along with what they had to say:
7. The irony in his argument was way too high.
8. And no own should have a problem with this person as long as they are abiding by the company’s code.
Brian’s code doesn’t really matter.
9. Women have shoulders too?!
10. Barefoot is lowkey disgusting.
11. Brian is a proper child.
12. Don’t worry, there won’t be a next time.
13. OP got suggested to report Brian to HR.
14. He isn’t even a supervisor or something, he is a co-worker. At the same level.
15. Brian had no authority to slam a co-worker for what she wore.
16. OP did give him a good lesson on that.
I hope you guys enjoyed this one. What do you guys have to say about people who don’t mind their own business and always try to intervene in other people’s matters? Share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!