It is totally normal to get attached to an animal.
I mean that’s the whole concept of adoption right? You become a parent to that animal, it becomes your pet. You are then supposed to treat it like your own child because that’s the only way to form an inseparable bond with it. Once that bond forms, life for both the pet animal and the owner turns around for the good. The animal does everything in its power to make sure its owner stays happy and joyous, and if the pet is a dog, then protected as well. In the process, you can heavily get attached to your pet animal and there is nothing wrong with that. I know people who start getting anxious within a couple of hours of being away from their pet animal. It’s just love and no one should have a problem with that.
Unfortunately, this one girlfriend has a problem with this. Her boyfriend is deeply in love with his dog and cannot live without it. She believes his attachment to the dog is a bit too much but that’s not her main argument. The main argument is that her boyfriend doesn’t give as much attention to their son as he does to his dog. That’s what bothers the girlfriend.
His ignorance with regard to their son made her teach him a lesson and she did so by hiding his dog. The girlfriend had to turn to the sacred community of AITA to know if what she did was the right thing to do or not.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. They’re a family of 4; the parents, a son, and a dog.
2. OP is concerned her boyfriend doesn’t treat Bobby the way he treats Ladybird.
3. If I was Bobby, I would’ve certainly felt that…over time this could lead to major problems in the relationship between father and son.
4. It’s good to acknowledge that his girlfriend is a great parent but that doesn’t absolve you of your responsibilities, Mr. Father.
5. How can your biological son go missing when you are in the house with him? Clearly, Hank doesn’t care about Bobby.
6. Bobby somehow escaped the house and went to their neighbor’s house.
7. Bobby went out to look for love because his father wasn’t giving him any.
8. Well it could’ve gone wrong too, Hank.
9. OP then decided to teach a good lesson to her boyfriend.
10. Let’s see how he reacts to this one. Same situation but the main character now is his dog instead of his son.
11. This shows where his priorities lie.
12. The real question is, did he really understand the true worth of his child after this event?
13. The answer is “No”.
14. Hank is texting but he isn’t apologizing in those texts. Extend the hotel visit or go to your mom’s.
Well, well, well. What sort of a father is this person? I mean, sure, go ahead and love your dog as much as you want but that doesn’t mean you ignore your own child. That is so unfair. That little kid is going to grow up thinking his father doesn’t care about him and guess what he will do? He will do the exact same. He won’t care about his father. The plan to test her boyfriend was great by OP. I really thought he would get the lesson at the end of the day but he didn’t. That’s toxic and OP should stay away from toxins.
Here are some of the comments shared on the story:
15. She had no other option but to test Hank and it showed he didn’t care about Bobby.
16. My guy literally had no clue his baby left the house.
17. Anything could’ve happened to that kid.
18. He doesn’t deserve to be a parent.
19. Hank only cares about his dog and he should be left with it.
20. OP wouldn’t be doing Bobby justice if she returns to that house.
After reading through the comments shared by the readers, OP posted an update and here it is:
21. OP decided to leave Hank and is now going through custody hearings for Bobby. Good luck, good mother.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My new puppy and her (very tolerant) cat brother. These two spend all day roughhousing but they also have sweet moments from time to time.”