Being an actor is not an easy job, a lot of hard work is required.
Being in the film industry fascinates all of us. These actors and actresses get paid the big bucks for their work and enjoy extra privileges in return. Well, they deserve the privilege because they go the extra mile to get into a character and every time, they give an extraordinary performance. These actors and actresses went a little too far in performing their roles. They had to adopt the lifestyle of their roles to make it look real on the screen. Below are some of the actors and actresses who went the extra mile for their roles. Scroll down to have a look at them.
1. Chris Pratt lost 60 pounds in 6 months to be cast as Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Source: © imago stock&people/EAST NEWS, © Chris Pratt / Instagram
The actor gained a lot of weight after his film “Zero Dark Thirty” so he had to lose some pounds for his coming comic book hero.
2. Anne Hathaway lost weight for her role as Fantine in Les Misérables
Source: © ElloSteph / Wikimedia Commons, © Les Misérables / Universal Pictures
The actress had to eat 2 thin squares of dried oatmeal paste every day to lose weight for her role in Les Misérables. She lost 25 pounds. She shaved her head for this role. The actress won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress.
3. Robert Pattinson only ate tuna to lose weight for his role in “Good Time”
Source: © Maximilian Bühn / Wikimedia Commons, © Good Time / A24
The actor played the role of a low-life robber, Connie Nikas in “Good Time”. He started living in a basement apartment in Harlem to get into the character and he started eating only tuna to shed some weight. He adopted Connie’s lifestyle in real-life and kept the curtains shut all the time, never threw the trash out, never changed the sheets and slept in Connie’s clothes for 2 months.
4. John Krasinski had to undergo vigorous training for his role as Jack Silva in 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Source: © The Office / NBCUniversal, © 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi / Paramount Pictures
The actor learned to use certain weapons and how to move through rooms with and without lights.
5. Halle Berry didn’t take a shower for two weeks for her role in her first film “Jungle Fever”
Source: © Living Dolls / Sony Pictures TV, © Jungle Fever / Universal Pictures
It was the actress’ first film and she was so dedicated that she didn’t take a bath for two weeks to display her role as Vivian in “Jungle Fever”.
6. Rooney Mara bleached her eyebrows for her role as Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”
Source: © Dora Britt / Wikimedia Commons, © The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo / Sony Pictures Releasing
The actress not only bleached her eyebrows but she shaved off her brows and head for her role. She also got eyebrow, nose and lip piercing for her role. Rooney Mara also learned martial arts, skateboarding and motorbike riding for this role.
7. Jamie Foxx played the role of a blind guy as Ray Charles in the film “Ray”
Source: © Collateral / Paramount Pictures, © Ray / Universal Pictures
To get into the character the actor had to put on eyelids glued over his eyes for 14 hours every day. He used to wake up early for the shoot and used to stay up late to practice the piano. He received an Academy Award for his incredible acting.
8. Hilary Swank had to look like a male for her role as Brandon Teena in “Boys Don’t Cry”
Source: © Manfred Werner / Wikimedia Commons, © Boys Don’t Cry / Fox Searchlight Pictures
The actress chopped her hair off to look like a guy and bandaged her chest to make it look flat. The actress used to go out in public and pretend to be her brother “James”.
9. Matt Damon had to undergo a strict diet and training for his role as Andrew Ilario in “Courage Under Fire”
Source: © Good Will Hunting / Miramax Films, © Courage Under Fire / 20th Century Fox
The actor was under medical supervision for months after the film was completed.
10. Demi Moore shaved her head and went through intense Navy SEAL training for her role as Jordan O’Neil in “G.I. Jane”
Source: © David Shankbone / Wikimedia Commons, © GI Jane / Buena Vista Pictures
11. Chris Hemsworth in “In the Heart of the Sea” had to lose weight for his role.
Source: © In the Heart of the Sea / Warner Bros. Pictures, © Chris Hemsworth / Twitter
The actor and other cast members had to undergo a strict diet that they called “Lost at Sea”.
12. Nicole Kidman was sick during the filming of the film “Destroyer”
Source: © Georges Biard / Wikimedia Commons, © Destroyer / Annapurna Pictures
The actress played the role of a worn-down detective, Erin Bell in the film “Destroyer” while she was sick and had flu. She could barely stand but she used her sickness for the role.
Which of these actors are your favorite? Let us know in the comment section down below!
Enjoy this adorable dog tax:
“Abby would very much like to know how your day went”