The internet can be so educating.
1. Here, Alex starts by asking a very clever question and leaves us in suspense.
2. Well, he is right. They look like normal mountains to us but these geologists know all the secrets so hold on. Let Alex blow your mind with his facts.
3. US, Canada and Europe?! How…?
4. How crazy is that? Wow, unbelievable!
5. I have never seen anything like that.
6. Yeah, these look familiar.
The Appalachian mountains are so old. These mountains were formed hundreds of millions of years ago, they have witnessed half a billion years of life coming and going. They are older than even dinosaurs, this information is not only insane but also very enlightening for our brains. But let me tell one more fact even more crazy than this. It is true these mountains are older than dinosaurs but exactly how much old? Not just a couple of years or a decade old. There is a cave there that began forming between 450 million to 550 million years ago and it is said that there are no bones or any type of fossils found in that cave. Weird, right? That is because that specific cave began forming before bones existed on that land. Basically, it existed in the ocean and it was before even shellfish began evolving. We know that limestone forms many caves and at that time it was becoming a more widespread rock. In conclusion, these mountains are not older than dinosaurs, they are actually older than bones. Unfortunately, the Appalachians are eroding as time passes. They are shrinking and returning back to the earth slowly, where they originally sprang from. Sadly, not many people are aware of the magnificence of these historic mountains and how glorious they are. We should spread the word and appreciate the Appalachian mountains while they are still here. Keep scrolling down, we have some more amazing facts to share with you…
7. “Before fish evolved” Crazy.
8. This is so informative.
9. Who would have known these mountains could be older than anything on the earth.
10. What in the world is a mountain forming event?
11. Oh, it makes sense now.
12. It looks beautiful.
13. He has pictures as proof for everything.
15. Geology is truly fascinating.
This is the most mind-blowing information I have ever heard. I had no idea the Appalachian mountains are so mysterious and old and amazing. Did you find this informative? Give us your feedback in the comments down below…