In this post, the OP shares a contentious work incident from their time as a carhop at Sonic, where the central figure is their manager, Robert. The conflict revolves around a partially consumed can of Monster energy drink, which leads to a heated confrontation. When the OP inquires about the can’s owner, Robert remains uncooperative, raising suspicion. Later, when Robert discovers the can in the trash, he becomes irate, accusing employees of discarding it.
The argument between the OP and Robert escalates, with Robert insisting that the OP replace the drink. The OP refuses, leading to a protracted and heated exchange lasting for hours. The situation worsens as Robert sends all other employees home, leaving him to manage the store and cook alone on a slow winter night. Frustrated, the OP leaves early, with Robert threatening to fire them. The general manager, Jeremy, intervenes, clarifying that only he has the authority to terminate employees, and the OP returns to work the following night, much to Robert’s dismay.
So keep on scrolling down below to know the whole story narrated by OP and make sure to read it till the end. Otherwise, you are not going to understand the whole event here.
1. OP used to work as a carhop, one day he found a can of Monster while cleaning.
2. When OP asked the manager Robert about the can to see if it was his, he looked at him shook his head, and turned away without saying anything.
3. When he found the can of drink in the trash, he went livid and started screaming at people’s faces and started investigating who threw it away. OP told him that he did he screamed in his face and asked him to buy a new one.
4. The drink can be half full, and OP and the manager got into a big fight due to this because he was telling OP to replace the can and he wasn’t doing that.
5. Finally Robert told OP that either he was going to buy a new one or he was going home so OP grabbed his stuff and clocked out moreover, he said if he wasn’t going to get him a new drink he was fired.
6. Five minutes after OP left the GM Jeremy called OP asking why he left, OP told him what happened and he said the other managers couldn’t fire him and the only person who could fire him was GM. He told OP to go and complete the shift but OP replied he’ll do it tomorrow.
7. Robert was left alone for the rest of the night so he had to cook and run orders for 5 hours by himself
8. And when OP went to the job the next day he said why are you here since you were fired, OP told him he couldn’t do that.
9. When toddlers become managers that’s exactly what happens
10. Exactly, what do you think about it?
11. This user suggested to OP that he should have bought a new one but OP replied that he gets nauseous only after taking a few sips of energy drink
12. That’s literally bad management all around
13. Maybe deep down he knew maybe he did not
14. This user suggested to OP that even if he fired him OP could have sued him
15. When you promote someone without seeing their capabilities this is exactly what happens
16. This user asked OP why did he go back to that toxic environment to which OP replied that he needed a job
17. Screaming in an employee’s face is highly unprofessional and highly unethical
Let us know your thoughts about this malicious compliance in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!