Hen parties are supposed to be fun and festive occasions where the bride-to-be and her friends celebrate her upcoming wedding. But what if you show up wearing something that clashes with the theme and the mood of the party?
That’s what happened as this Reddit user, u/Floraldress8, wore a floral dress with a black background to a hen party, where the organizer requested everyone to wear black and the bride to wear something colorful. She thought her dress was on the theme as the base of her suit was black, but the organizer and some of the guests thought she was being difficult and taking attention away from the bride. However, there was one guest who said themes shouldn’t be something a big deal should be made out of. And that is what made OP post her story on the subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” to know if wearing a floral dress to an all-black themed hen party made her wrong or not.
Scroll down below to read the story.
1. Let’s find out why OP had to pose this question before the AITA community.
2. For OP’s friend’s hen party, all guests were instructed to wear black so the bride could wear something colorful and stand out from everyone else.
3. OP decided to wear a floral dress with a black base, which she thought was within the instructed theme. But when she arrived at the event, she noticed all the guests were wearing all black.
4. One guest even questioned why OP didn’t follow the theme.
5. During group photos, OP could see the organizers didn’t look happy, as OP’s outfit seemed to take attention away from the bride.
That was a total d*ck move by OP, to be very honest. When you have been instructed very clearly to wear a back outfit and you are old enough to understand those instructions thoroughly, then there is no explanation you can solicit for wearing a floral dress. I would declare OP an AH. The whole idea for creating a theme was to make sure the bride stood out. OP defeated the whole purpose of that.
Let’s see what happens next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
6. Later, OP met another girl at the party who kind of supported OP by saying she didn’t understand why there was so much emphasis on a theme.
7. Although she did say she didn’t care much about the theme, she also said wearing a black dress wouldn’t have been much of a big deal for OP either.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
8. It wasn’t so hard to get those instructions. It seemed like OP wore the floral dress on purpose.
9. Dress codes are ridiculous, but when there is one, it must be followed.
10. Perhaps her only brain cell was in hibernation mode at the time the instructions were delivered.
11. Knowing you are wrong and still saying you followed the theme kind of makes me want to call her mentally ill.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Via Alec Shapiro
“Double trouble in the coney parking lot.”