Working in a call center can be mundane, dealing with billing concerns and customer complaints all day long. But for one employee, a routine call turned into a chance to help a woman seek revenge on her cheating ex-husband.
The caller was confused about a charge on her bill for a wireless access point that she didn’t recall ordering. As the employee dug deeper, he discovered that her ex-husband had signed up for a three-year contract for Optik TV and internet, and the charge was for a set-top box that came with it.
But here’s where things get interesting – Optik TV wasn’t even available in the small town where the caller lived. The employee realized that the ex-husband had signed up for the service at his new address, which he had kept hidden from his ex-wife and even his own family and friends.
1. Ex-husband didn’t clearly think things through
2. The OP is working in the billing queue in a call center for one of the big three telcos
3. Lady called in puzzled by why she got charged a one-time fee of $49
4. Both of them were confused at this point and OP did a little digging and find out that lady’s ex-husband was still on her account and got a 3-year contract to get a free TV and internet.
5. The lady started crying on the call and told OP how her ex-husband had an affair with a younger woman
6. OP told her that she can remove his access from her account and that she can also add a password
7. The lady asked the OP if she knows where he lives now
8. The lady told OP that she and her lawyer have been trying to track him down for quite some time now
9. The lady asked the OP if she can give that info to her, OP smiled and said “This your account. You have unrestricted access to service address, phone numbers, and emails that your ex-husband provided to us”
10. When the game cuts out the lady’s ex-husband called in only to discover that he’s been removed and there’s an account PIN and he’s been discovered by his ex-wife and lawyer.
11. all for the low price of $49
12. Hiring a private detective would surely cost much more than this
13. Saved a lot of time too, lmao.
14. “surprised Pikachu face” lol.
15. This might be everyone new favorite story on this subreddit
16. It surely was the right thing to do
17. We all would like to know how that played out
18. “Absolute bargain for 49 dollars”
19. Thank You OP for your good work
20. That’s literally like robbing a bank but using your debit card lmao
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!