Rental cars can be a lifesaver when your own vehicle is out of commission. They give you the freedom to go where you need to go without having to rely on friends or public transportation. But what happens when your rental car experience goes awry? This Reddit user knows all too well.
After getting into a car accident, they found themselves without a car for five weeks while their own was being repaired. Fortunately, the rental company they chose had some great policies that suited their needs – no cleaning fee, no matter how dirty the car got, and unlimited miles. Perfect for someone who lives in the countryside and has to drive everywhere.
As the day for their car to be finished drew closer, the Reddit user called the rental company to inquire about return details. They were told they could leave the car at the repair shop and leave the keys in the drop box. The next day, they picked up their car, but to their dismay, the check engine light was on. The rental company told them to come back the next day to get it fixed.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Rental car company told OP where to leave the keys and when he left them there they tried to charge him for an extra day, keep on scrolling down to read the full story.
2. OP rented a car for five weeks while his car was being repaired from a car accident
3. OP got in his car and checked the engine light was on, the staff told him to come back tomorrow and they will fix it.
4. OP woke up at 8 am and the rental car company was very angry
5. OP said if he getting charged an extra day he is gonna use it
6. OP got in the car and drove to the rental place covered in mud
7. OP watched the life leave him and his shoulders slump he said if OP return the car now they will cancel the charge because they need to rent out the car lol
8. No cleaning fee and no extra day charge
9. OP looked absolutely ridiculous but didn’t get mud in some poor stranger’s car
10. OP’s goal was to make the car messy and shocking enough to get them to not charge him
11. OP was not willing to let 91 bucks slide
12. The keys were left at the auto shop in the shop’s key box
13. This Redditor says that the Enterprise tried doing this to him
14. Exactly they charged OP for the day that they had already rented the car to another person
15. We hope that it was fun to clean
16. This Redditor’s mom was in a car accident a few years ago
17. It sure is one of the best malicious compliance
18. This Redditor works at a rental car and he says that it sounds like that OP was dealing with an agency operator
19. He sure did!
20. OP’s solution was elegant and righteous, for real.
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings