Oh, so you think you just adopted a cat?
Wrong. Your cat just adopted you. You are not their master. They are your god. That is not even an argument. Cats rule the world and everyone knows it. They don’t care about anything and walk around the house like they own the place. And they pretty much do own the place. Cats were once worshipped as gods in ancient Egypt. I guess they never got over that because they still act like they need to be worshipped. I’m not complaining. I would gladly do it.
No matter how many fancy and expensive houses and beds you get for your cat, they will still pick the strangest places in the house to take a nap in. This behaviour isn’t anything new. Cats are known to be the boss of their own lives. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, scroll down below to see 26 cats claiming their territory in the house and you’ll understand.
1. “Watching a friend’s cat. There’s a thunderstorm outside. I’ve been like this for an hour.”
Don’t even move an inch.
2. “She likes to sit on my laptop power brick.”
Absorbing the warmth.
3. “I just threw my belt on the floor.”
This cat is now a blackbelt.
4. “My cat managed to climb through the skylight and just proceeds to sit there, 70 feet above the ground.”
Living life as he pleases.
5. “Loafing on his designated chair”
Charlie has marked his territory.
6. “Kieran sitting right above our heating unit, blocking the warm air… Don’t worry, I made sure it wouldn’t burn his little toe beans!”
Well, that’s one way to stay warm.
7. “There’s a loaf in my fridge! He climbs in every time I start to cook, and I let him hang out there because it’s hot and he’s always wearing that thick furry coat.”
Cats are bread loaves.
8. “First day back to work in a little over a week of hanging with him every day, he wouldn’t stop meowing until I let him climb up my body to be my scarf.”
Cats are in fashion.
9. “During yoga I look up and see this! My cat watching me… “
The void is staring at you.
10. “Took my cat to the vet.”
I’m just going to hang out here in the sink.