This one is going to piss off the cats really bad.
Just like humans, cats can get sick too. Even though we never want to see our feline babies face any health issues, sometimes it is inevitable. When they’re sick, they can’t take care of themselves anymore and that is when we have to step up. We have to take care of their diet and feed them their medication on time. However, sometimes things escalate from that and our little fur babies require surgery. Doctors have to shave their fur to perform surgery in order to see the area they are operating on. And the results are hilarious to us, if not to cats.
Twitter user Ash shared a photo of her friend’s cat with shaved legs and it immediately went viral. The tweet earned more than 470K likes and people started responding to the tweet with their own shaved cats, and the replies were hilarious! Scroll down below to see the tweets:
1. This was the original tweet by Ash.
He looks like he’s wearing short trousers.
2. Puss in boots.
The poor baby has to wear a cone too!
3. My friend’s cat had surgery and now he has no pants.
Half cat, half raw chicken.
Animal behaviour expert Zazie Todd, PhD talked about how difficult it can be to transport your cat to the vet. Picking the right carrier is essential to them. “Picking the right cat carrier is important to ensure you have one that your cat can feel safe inside. One that is too open will mean the cat feels exposed, and one without many entry points can cause struggles when it’s time for your cat to go in,” Todd explained.
4. My cat recently had surgery. I hope his fur grows back quickly.
The cat has been exposed.
5. That does not look normal.
So this is what a tail looks like.
6. Our little buddy had to have a few surgeries. His haircut was… Less than flattering.
He’s rocking that dad bod.
You have to train your cat to use its carrier and be familiar with it. For that, you can adjust their bed in it. That will implant your cat’s scent in the carrier. “Smell is very important to cats,” Todd said. “Scent marking is one of the ways cats communicate. When your cat rubs her head on something, she is depositing pheromones from scent glands in her face. Pheromones are chemical signals, and although we are still learning about them, when cats facial rub on each other, it is believed they are creating a group scent.”
7. Someone just got new boots!
Amora is showing off her boots.
8. Oh look, a Dr. Seuss character.
Look at his teefies.
9. Half cat, half cow.
The baby looks upset though.
10. You can tell she is coming up with a murder plot.
She does resemble a lion now.
11. Jaws, my toothless cat, after surgery.
A blep caught on camera.
12. My 16-year boy looking like he is the toughest cat on the block after his tooth removal surgery.
Eye Eye Captain!
Go to a vet your cat is familiar with. Getting them checked by a good vet is very important. “Although it is inevitable that some vet visits will be stressful for cats, there is a lot that veterinarians can do to make things easier. As pet owners, we can choose a vet whose clinic is set up for cats and who will use handling techniques that will keep stress low.”
13. A couple of months post-surgery and Nugget is finally getting his fur back.
We’re glad Nugget is recovering now.
14. Basic white cat.
Wearing her signature uggs.
15. He doesn’t look very happy.
But hey, at least he got a fancy haircut.
Even though it can be difficult to see your cat go through the checkup process, you need to believe it is for their own good. “Sometimes you will need to restrain your cat, or maybe the vet will ask you to hold the cat while they do something,” Todd added
16. My kitty lounging on the floor after his surgery… Yea, he’s still a little high on pain killers, but he’s a champ.
Flaunting his battle scars.
17. He had a lumpectomy.
That sounds like a tough surgery.
18. Apollo made it through 3 weeks at the hospital and a surgery after somehow catching tonsillitis. The beast is finally back to his usual self.
Nothing can hold this kitty back.
19. Check out my biceps!
He’s also wearing a fancy glove.
20. The orange cat was declawed. That is unacceptable.
STOP DECLAWING YOUR PETS.
21. Stop trying to make fetch happen!
Straight outta mean girls.
22. Grumpy cat.
Where are his socks?
23. We never go out of style.
He’s such a cutie.
24. Fashionable cat gloves.
They actually look like boxing gloves instead.
25. A missing chunk.
He has a pattern on his skin as well.
26. Grooming? Are you sure?
What creature is this?
27. Can’t go to the bed with this baby around.
That is a bikini cut.
28. Stay strong, queen!
She is Queen of the Bal-d!
29. Aww, it’s so fluffy!
He is a chonky boi even after shaving.
30. Did they shave her toe as well?
Have you ever gotten your cat shaved for surgery? Share your experiences with us in the comments below!