One of the most upsetting things a person may go through is having to put the family dog to death. Losing a family member not only rocks your world, it completely destroys it until you can rebuild it.
Lailette, a psychology student who was employed at the time by the Starbucks coffee company, experienced this. The woman tweeted a few screenshots of her conversation with the manager, writing, “That time my employer asked me if I could reschedule the day I put my dog to sleep for @Starbucks.” It turned out that the boss made it obvious that there was no other choice and wanted Lailette to work on the day her family dog, who had been very ill, was slated for euthanasia.
1. A Starbucks employee recently recalled how her manager asked her to change the day of her sick dog’s funeral because they wanted her to work that day.
Image credits: Dom J (not the actual photo)
2. This is how the story started
Image credits: lai_lette
6. Feeling sad for the dog
Image credits: Tima Miroshnichenko (not the actual photo)
Starbucks has occasionally caused controversy and received flak for the way they treat its staff.
Starbucks United, a union for the company’s workers, was recently formed. The organization’s mission statement reads, “We believe that the best way to truly inspire and nourish the human spirit is to organize for greater justice, greater equality, and a greater vision of what life can be for Starbucks workers across the United States as well as for workers in the coffee and restaurant industry.” The employees of Starbucks assert that they “want to be our best selves, and we cannot attain our full potential if we are understaffed, overextended, weary, and burned-out.” But Starbucks doesn’t seem to be very pleased with the new union. The business even went above and beyond to provide.
7. Some people put the blame on the author for the whole situation
Image credits: MikkaUwwU
8. Some people are really not happy with the employee
Image credits: Lukathy95
9. That can be right
Image credits: missmoira100
10. Hmm.. understandable
Image credits: DANIELBIGGS816
11. Others, on the other hand, believed that managers ought to be more considerate to their team members.
Image credits: josephwwebster
12. She is right, people are really being hell-bent on this
Image credits: bixo84
13. She’s being straight up but true
Image credits: cubslifer
14. I agree
Image credits: TNrockchicken
15. Do you agree?
Image credits: mike_orlick
16. People used the occasion to discuss comparable circumstances they had encountered.
Image credits: iamgeorgimusic
17. Another story
Image credits: Randry66
18. Find it relatable?
Image credits: GamerGwen1337
19. This one is interesting
Image credits: WywrdCsmnt
20. One more
Image credits: Mattielisbon
21. How can people be like this?
Image credits: CocoMasala
22. This is hurtful
Image credits: GawantheGorgays
23. How can people be so cruel?
Image credits: SterlingRose62
24. Everyone should try being empathetic for once
Image credits: 1KCarolAnn
Image credits: zerostar21
26. How dare they?
Image credits: statesminds