There’s nothing better than having family members who are willing to help us when we’re going through a difficult period. We can’t expect people to change their lifestyles only to aid us and adapt to what we desire, no matter how serious our problems are. We are sometimes responsible for our own lives and must make changes to improve things rather than relying on others. A Reddit member u/Throw away no374828 recently posted on the AITA subreddit about how she became enraged with her sister after she stopped caring for her four children because she spent all of her free time nurturing her dog. The dogs were either too old or too easily frightened to be around kids. She did, however, appear to be self-aware and regretful that she had done something wrong. That’s why she resorted to the Reddit community to see if she was in the wrong about a disagreement with her sister.
1. AITA post summary
2. OP has four kids under 10 who are the source of chaos in the house
3. OP’s sister used to help by babysitting the kids which went great everytime
When the woman asks her sister to quit fostering dogs so she can babysit her children for free, she is being selfish. She is the mother of the children, and her sister is not in charge of them.
4. One time the sister was having a dog and did not want kids to be there so that they don’t stress the dog
6. OP was waiting for the dogs to for adoption so that she could finally let her kids be babysitted by the sister
7. But the sister told that she is gonna get another dog after giving this one away
8. OP opened up and told her she was very stressed since the dog had come
9. OP told her the whole situation and then straight away asked her to not get another dog
10. Sister comforted her but did not agree on getting any other dogs
11. OP was stressed and thought her kids come before anything else so she made that request
12. Different people have given different opinions that’s why I chose this platform
13. Now OP asks if this thing was unreasonable
All of the honesty was greatly appreciated by the woman. She also revealed some personal information about her family.
14. The edit:
Many others pointed out that her husband, not her sister, should be the one to assist her. The wife then admitted that while her husband is in counselling and using antidepressants, he doesn’t help anyone. She has no choice but to seek assistance from her sister. She was, however, incorrect in asking her sister to quit fostering her beloved dogs.
15. Edit 2:
Her spouse, not her sister, should be the one to assist her, according to many. The wife then admitted that because her husband is in therapy and using antidepressants, he does not assist anyone. She is forced to seek assistance from her sister. She was, however, incorrect in asking her sister to quit fostering her pets.
16. Straight on point but a little harsh
17. So YTA
18. Sounds about right
20. This is actually reasonable
21. She really needs to hear herself out
23. Valid point
So by the comments it clearly tells that this was a YTA case. What are your thoughts? Share with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more.