Odiodenarizentupido on Reddit, a final-year college student, came to Reddit to see if she was in the wrong for asking her roommate (also a friend) to move out since she got a puppy. Her friends chastised her and supported her roommate, but Reddit congratulated her. See how the scenario unfolded by scrolling down!
1. OP had a lavish apartment in which she was living in college’s last year
The 22-year-old student stated on the popular forum “Am I The A—hole?” that she received an apartment from her family as a result of attending a top college. Her apartment was spacious and had a guest room. As a result, when her friend Lena was looking for a place to live, she offered her that room in exchange for her helping to pay for internet and water.
2. Her friend was looking for a place to which OP offered her the place at a low cost
Everything was OK until Lena unexpectedly brought a dog home without her permission. Her roommate was aware of OP’s dog allergy. However, Lena persuaded her that it was only a minor allergy and that it would not be an issue, so she agreed.
3. One day OP came back and found that Lena cane with a dog in the house. OP had mild dog allergy but Lena persuaded to keep it
Unfortunately, her allergy worsened while she was living with Bruno the dog. To avoid sneezing and a stuffy nose, she had to take medication every day. As a result, she approached Lena and asked if she would be willing to give Bruno to someone else. Lena was enraged and refused.
4. After some days, the allergy got very bad later and OP had to ask Lena to move out with Bruno as she was not willing to give it away
The student didn’t have a choice but to ask Lena to leave. Lena pretended to be the victim, telling her friends that the girl had kicked her out because she had a dog.
5. This turned into a fight. And Lena told the friends that OP kicked her out due to a dog
Redditors agreed that she was not the a**hole after reading her message. The roommate should be chastised for obtaining a pet without first consulting her roommate. She is renting a room in the OP’s apartment. Bringing a pet into a residence where someone has been gracious enough to let you remain without asking is impolite.
6. Rinse and repeat
7. We all know that this is a clear NTA case
8. We all agree with him
9. Valid point
Tell your thoughts on this story? Stay tuned for more.