Renovating a home can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, especially when dealing with contractors and tradespeople. One couple, who had previously undergone a successful renovation, found themselves in a nightmare scenario when they hired a carpet installation company to help prepare their house for sale.
Things started off well enough, with the couple contacting the same company that had done an excellent job on their previous home. They received a great quote and expected the same level of quality work. However, things quickly went downhill when the installation crew arrived at the property.
The couple noticed a few warning signs right away. Instead of the four or five workers they had seen before, only two showed up for a slightly larger project. The crew spent most of the day complaining about the difficulty of the job, and one worker even said it was going to be his last job.
So keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is she the Karen? Keep on scrolling down to find out
2. The OP is getting her bf’s house ready to sell
3. OP got a great quote and expected the same quality of work
4. They sent a different crew to OP’s bf house
5. They left without completing the whole thing they said all they had to do was come back tomorrow and caulk
6. They left without hooking the toilet back so OP and her bf were left without a working toilet
7. They had a camper and were able to stay the night there
8. The crew said they’d be back at 10 am Saturday to finish what they had started
9. Things were getting stacked!
10. OP and her bf started seeing that the crew had done a bad job
11. It was noon and they still hadn’t shown up OP called their boss and left a voicemail and texted him
12. They left without bothering to put their toilets back in
13. When OP realized that they were gone OP texted their boss again
14. He finally called OP back at 6 PM
15. This delayed OP and her bf several days
16. OP realized one more thing after talking to him
17. Would they be a Karen if they demanded that the boss come out himself and take a look?
18. OP debated not putting the washer/dryer back and selling them instead
19. OP knows that the wall issue is from them because it was wet after they connected the washer hose and ran it
20. OP did ask the boss to come back to take a look along with his crew
21. Exactly they left the faucet dripping and caused damage to their house that’s on them
22. This one is surely on them
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings