OP had a marriage that got dissolved later. By the time of the divorce, her son was 6 years old but later when OP started dating her current husband her son was 8 years old at that time. OP’s husband also has a son and a daughter. By the time OP’s son met his stepbrother for the first time they started to like each other instantly and decided to play smash bros. OP’s stepson lost her mother a few years ago.
Since the divorce OP’s ex-husband has been careless regarding his son, he cancels on his son regularly making excuses about the hectic routine at work. Every time his father cancels on him his stepbrother goes up straight to his dad and asks if the three of them could do some fun together and that is because they love each other. OP’s ex-husband likes to go camping and he is planning to take his son with him and spend some time together so they can bond well. The thing is this year OP’s son is planning to take his stepbrother along with him to camping.
And when OP told her ex-husband about her son’s plan the husband got pissed off and stated that what would he be doing over there it was meant to be the father and a son’s trip to camping so they can bond together. Later, the stepson’s mother called OP and complained what was OP expecting was that her ex would be sitting there while her son and stepson would go on their own and get lost. This is what made OP angry and now she is asking if she’s the A-hole for asking her ex-husband to take her stepson along with her son to camping.
So keep on scrolling down below to know the whole story here and make sure to read it till the end otherwise, you won’t be able to let us know who’s the A-hole here.
1. Kids don’t take that long to bond and that would be because they have clean hearts
2. They all bonded very well and even her stepson asked OP’s son if he could come along to her mother’s cemetery
3. They all seem to be happy and a lovely family
4. Since the divorce OP’s ex-husband has become very careless and he cancels on his son regularly
5. Finally, the ex-husband is planning to go on camping with his son but the little kid wants his stepbrother to come along with him
6. When he got to know that his son wants his stepbrother to come along he got very upset and said he thought it was their time together to spend and to bond well
7. Stepbrother’s mother called OP complaining that she doesn’t want her careless ex-husband to take her son along with him
8. Yeah, it is reasonable of him to not want to take the stepson camping. What do you think?
9. Seems like a nice plan
10. This sounds like a solid plan and a win-win situation for everyone
11. After all, kids ask for things from someone they trust and feel comfortable with.
12. Parenting can be a challenge it’s not as easy as it seems, you have to take care of every promise you make.
13. This user is expressing her empathy towards OP and she thinks her present husband is a great man
14. The new husband is a better person and a better dad
15. Understandable as he is careless for his own son, how can you guarantee that he will look after their son?
17. Kids want to share every good experience with their besties and clearly this isn’t about stepsiblings it’s just that the kid wants his bestie to be by his side
18. A fair point to be noted
19. Maybe or maybe not
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings