Who likes regular comics anyway?
In the terrifying world we live in, we need some humour every now and then. It keeps us fresh and helps us stay sane. When you are usually in a bad mood, you start scrolling through memes or watch funny videos to make yourself feel better. It is a coping mechanism most of us have. However, not all of us have the same sense of humour. We all laugh at different things. You just can’t paint everyone with the same brush. Some people don’t laugh easily at normal comedy. They need it to be a little spicy to fulfil their dark humour needs. Dark humour can make you feel guilty for enjoying it, but you definitely get to have a good laugh. You can call it a guilty pleasure.
Artist Martin Rosner definitely delivers when there is a demand for dark humoured comics. These might seem like regular comics, but they were actually a way for Rosner to deal with his depression. He shared, “This whole thing started because I decided to make a comic a day for two months straight. I was severely depressed for two years and failed two colleges but thanks to therapy, meds and a lot of work on myself I’m doing much better. Making these comics to me is like being able to say to my depression, ‘even with you in the way I am still able to make something.’
He tries to make others feel better by sharing his own problems and also through his comics. “I try to be open about depression, I know it always helps to know that you’re not the only one struggling,” he said. “Getting it out of my system is a great help. People reacting positively to me sharing my feelings is even better. I feel like I make a tiny connection with others. Just a tiny one but it is there.”
Scroll down below to see some of his amazing work:
1. Walk on water, of course!
2. The banana believes it could fly.
3. I can feel the vacuum cleaner.
4. It’s a win-win situation if you ask me.
5. He can’t board the plane without the case.
6. This feels like a personal attack.
7. That certainly makes it better.
8. The quick way to love yourself.
9. Literally framed.
10. What is your imagination against our guns?
11. It’s Perry the Platypus!
12. That is one way to deliver the news.
13. “You’ve got something on your nose.”
14. I didn’t need to cry at this hour.
15. Who did you call lame?!
16. His tongue was too sharp.
17. This is how you find out you have a drinking problem.
18. I wouldn’t call it so cheap.
19. Depression time.
20. That bullet was well deserved.
Art is a great way to cope with mental illness. If you have a hard time expressing yourself through words, you can always use art to display your emotions. It is healthier than other techniques people use to let out what’s inside of them. You can also share the joy you receive from art with others once you create masterpieces. We are glad Martin Rosner is now recovering and gave us these amazing comics to enjoy! Scroll down below for more:
21. The more you understand, the more hurt you get.
22. This one makes Jesus nervous.
23. Wasn’t expecting that.
24. You can’t just assume you won’t attract them.
25. Just giving him stress this way.
26. Life is full of surprises.
27. Use your leg.
28. The perfect match!
29. They exist for a reason!
30. I don’t think that is the right way to give the news to a kid.
31. This is how mankind went extinct.
32. Be careful what you wish for.
33. That is a beautiful case.
34. A hat – not a boot.
35. Coming out the right way.
36. These puns are killing me.
37. Burning hot singles.
38. What do you fight fire with?
39. Why is this wholesome?
40. Something wholesome again to make you feel better.
Did you enjoy these dark comics? Would you like to see more in the future? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.