Loving someone and being their parent are two very different things.
Let’s cut right to the chase. Being a dog lover is easy compared to being a dog parent. See when you are a dog lover, you don’t necessarily need to have a dog in your house. The love for dogs can be cherished by finding some on the streets or in the park and petting them. Or, even easier, scroll through the interwebs. The internet is filled with dog content, all sorts of pictures, and videos that can exploit all sorts of human emotions. One thing is for sure, dog lovers just don’t get fed up with the dog content. You must wonder, if they love dogs so much, why don’t they adopt them. Well, I personally think it’s not the fear of parenting that creates the obstacle, it’s just the circumstances. A dog lover would 100% want to become a dog parent when the time is right. Till then, it’s those adorable dog compilation videos that you play on the internet at 11:00 p.m. when you tuck yourself into the bed until you sleep.
Now let’s take dog parenting into account. Now, this is one of the dog content that the lovers see on the internet, happening in real life. Dog parenting or parenting, in general, is not an easy job at all. It requires skills and hella patience. You have to care for that creature, and cater to its needs, and wants. And anyone who owns a dog would certainly know that they need a lot of love because they are very clingy and they want a lot of treats because their fat asses cannot live without them. Either way, it is a beautiful process after all. The sensation of adopting a little pupper and watching it grow into a gorgeous doggo right before your eyes. Just fantastic.
Today we are going to compare the two sides, How it is like to be a dog parent compared to being a dog lover. And we will be enjoying this comparison thanks to the talented artist, Kelly Angel.
Scroll down below to enjoy and decide for yourself, which side would you prefer to be on.
More information: | anythingcomic.com | Facebook | Twitter |
1. As a dog lover, your selfies will only contain you whereas a dog parent, your selfies will always contain your dog.
2. Dog lovers get all the space on the bed, dog parents, however, not so much.
3. Pups don’t take that stuff lightly, so it’s not just you crying during a sad movie scene, it is your pet as well.
4. The love for all dogs is the same as a dog lover but when you become a dog parent, no living being on this planet is better than your best friend.
To be very honest, I am absolutely loving the dog parent side. I mean, yes, the whole responsibility aspect is not shown here but come on, a companion to live with all your life who you know won’t ever break your trust and would do everything in its power to keep you happy. If I get an option to be a dog parent, I would pick that one all day every day.
5. As a dog parent, you basically enter into a new universe where everything revolves around that dog.
6. Ah, the sleep. Forget about long nights of sleep when you have a dog in the house. Just don’t even try.
7. Planning a trip won’t ever be as easy as it was when you weren’t a dog parent. You are only allowed to book dog-friendly hotels, airlines that approve dogs, and countries that are dog friendly.
I think it is safe to say there are a lot of changes that come to a person’s life when they chose to transition from being a dog lover to a dog parent. Either way, once the transition is complete, it is a damn beautiful one.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
So, which side do you guys prefer? Would you want to enjoy having a dog right before your eyes or watch it do cute stuff on your phone screen?